Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That’s troublesome news. I had also read that they were still trying service detectors but with minimal people. Can’t remember where I read that but it seemed to be a post of a phone conversation with Tesoro a couple weeks ago. Can you imagine the phone calls they have been getting lately? Every moron calling and asking the same thing a million times a day. HOWEVER, I believe we as customers and fans deserve an official statement on what the plan is!

OP
OP
Mojave1

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s troublesome news. I had also read that they were still trying service detectors but with minimal people. Can’t remember where I read that but it seemed to be a post of a phone conversation with Tesoro a couple weeks ago. Can you imagine the phone calls they have been getting lately? Every moron calling and asking the same thing a million times a day. HOWEVER, I believe we as customers and fans deserve an official statement on what the plan is!

One of them said Vince said some news was coming out in December.

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe they are done. Us few fans cannot possibly keep them in business. Without some big money for innovation and fresh ideas, they are not going to be back. People can fantasize all they want about a big comeback. The reality of it is that all they could come out with was the Mojave during the years after the outlaw, which really was not a new design when it came out. Yes tesoros work good but they are well out dated in this day and age, especially with the younger crowd. Not being appealing to them, tesoros don't have a even a slim chance for the future. Junior just could not do it. It's a shame.

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a detector in for service and talked to a rep yesterday (30 Nov). I asked if they were going out of business and was told they are restructuring and downsizing to avoid going out of business, basically doing more with less. Hope this helps.

Matt

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guess servicing is about all they will be doing. Just reinventing their line of detectors with another color or calling them another name with new decals didnt make it. That's all they really have accomplished in the past 10 years. Oh yeah, and reinventing a DD coil. Boy, talk about cutting edge technology.

OP
OP
Mojave1

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They could probably stay in business just selling those Compadres. People still buy them. I'm not joining the Equinox or other high dollar detector chase. I even just downgraded and sold my Vaquero. I seem to find just as much with my Mojave and Silver Umax and they are lighter and easier to swing all day.

Last edited:

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
Guess servicing is about all they will be doing. Just reinventing their line of detectors with another color or calling them another name with new decals didnt make it. That's all they really have accomplished in the past 10 years. Oh yeah, and reinventing a DD coil. Boy, talk about cutting edge technology.

yeah! you are right!..it's difficult to admit,but basically changing the color scheme
on the u-maxes' don't really cut it.it must be said that that doesn't really matter,as the
guys who love tesoro,KNOW what these detectors can do. a very pleasant,and fun experience
hunting with a tesoro,no matter if it was built yesterday,or over 10 years ago...magical audio,and once
you know it,just a joy to hunt with!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
They could probably stay in business just selling those Compadres. People still buy them. I'm not joining the Equinox or other high dollar detector chase. I even just downgraded and sold my Vaquero. I seem to find just as much with my Mojave and Silver Umax and they are lighter and easier to swing all day.

mojave is a "sleeper" with a great coil on board!..very smooth audio,and just so much fun to hunt with!
little more "wallop" than the compadre with a terrific ground toggle,and that outrageous little 7" trash coil!
ohhh my! nice combo!..yes,maybe they could keep going with just the terrible trio..compadre,mojave,and the vaquero.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Would love to see them stay afloat and search for an electrical engineer with the wherewithal of the original company founder..
Truth of the matter is, it had to take a special kind of stupid business mind to bring this company down. Was it done on purpose? Drugs? I'd like to know the truth and the true status of what's going on.

g

Dragonscout

Nov 1, 2018
Warner Robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO (formerly) - Tesoro Mojave, and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to the sport, relatively speaking. But this is the unfortunate trend of many good businesses especially today. It was said once that technology doubles about every 18 months. Now I understand this sport is a niche science. That science is actually fairly finite. A machine imparts a field that makes minerals "sing" back and measures the differences and tells you about it. I'm sure that most of you are laughing right now but I was a pretty good utility locator at one time. Anyway, different men (and women) have found ways to make machines to tell us about those signals. Some had lots of money and influence to pump money into the field for new machines, not always giving us better tools. Tesoro, as a family venture was the ultimate expression of a particular way to tell us. And what a great vision he had. He developed robust, durable machines but they lasted "too long". As we bought them we became devotees of them, coming to the epiphony that the latest whiz-bang tools still came down to two things, beep and dig. I do hope that his family realizes that there is still a market today for machines that last and give us vital information. If not then we will eventually have to move on. But as for this neophyte I'm glad I got into this sport and found one of those robust Phoenix magic wands to spend time decompressing from the crazy silliness of society. Maybe, just maybe someone from the company will see our continued questions and let us all know what's going on, sooner rather than later...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice post Dragonscout! :occasion14:

Rob e miller

Tenderfoot
Dec 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just get a mail box is full when I call and my email I sent went through so I think we will hear something. I just bought two machines in august a Mojave and tiger shark so I hope they recover .they sell a lot of water machines to overseas market from what I have heard

Dragonscout

Nov 1, 2018
Warner Robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO (formerly) - Tesoro Mojave, and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOO HOOO!! My "new" Mojave is almost here. I'll be able to launch her on Monday with fresh batteries and an undetected back yard that should be interesting....Will still be hoping for news from the Tesoro owners, have faith, 'tis the season!!

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
WOO HOOO!! My "new" Mojave is almost here. I'll be able to launch her on Monday with fresh batteries and an undetected back yard that should be interesting....Will still be hoping for news from the Tesoro owners, have faith, 'tis the season!!

had mine since last year,and for the money,nothin touches it! ground toggle for minerals,and that
sweet 7" concentric coil for junked out sites.love hunting' totters and curbstrips.lightweight,beautifully balanced,
with my small pouch,50s "wilcox" digger,jimmy sierra coin popper,brass probe and garrett pin pointer.this is my "car rig"
always with me,ready to 'slap on" when i see a promising sidewalk easement,or totter..super compact,and always at the 'ready!"
try setting up this way: "gain" on 4.5 to 5...virtually eliminates 'falsing"and still gives plenty of punch (depth)..generally,
set disc at just eliminating 'nails" and then concentrate on learning the mojave's distinct "audio nuances"master this,and you will
know why i feel this is the 'sleeper" in the line up!..best of luck with the "mojave!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.

doglover

Aug 30, 2011
If Tesoro would combine the technology of the Vaquero which in my opinion is great little machine with a six tone id, I think it would sell out and they would have a problem keeping it in stock. In this ever increasing complicated world, people like simplicity as a way to unwind. In my opinion, those Tesoros are better at pinpointing and discriminating out trash than just about any other brand. The golden Umax was a great little multitone detector, but had a fixed ground balance.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
If Tesoro would combine the technology of the Vaquero which in my opinion is great little machine with a six tone id, I think it would sell out and they would have a problem keeping it in stock. In this ever increasing complicated world, people like simplicity as a way to unwind. In my opinion, those Tesoros are better at pinpointing and discriminating out trash than just about any other brand. The golden Umax was a great little multitone detector, but had a fixed ground balance.

very true!..tesoros 'sing" to ya!..ya just gotta 'like" the song!
gotta do it all with ONE tone.take the time,learn the audio,
and ya got it by the 'short hairs" compadre,mojave,and the vaquero
outrageously "good" detectors.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad - I have never had a better "start and go and find" detector than my Tesoro - and I've have had everything from Whites to Minelabs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions