Any news on Tesoro?

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Picture 89.jpg

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Donā€™t get me wrong - I think Tesoro is a beautiful chapter in the history of metal detecting. Sadly, like all chapters - sooner or later - there comes the final .

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is very sad news. I have an older Tesoro "Sidewinder", never a problem with it. Some of my very best finds have been found with it. One would think they could file for Chapter 11 or something. Let's face it though, if they are only doing warranty repairs and not producing/selling new product it's not going to be sustainable. I know of certain companies (not metal detector related) who have filed Chapter 11 to get out from under the "Lifetime Warranty" they offered. They were bought out by a holding company and were able to resume business under the same trademark name. Only speculating, but it sounds like a series of bad business decisions have been made at Tesoro.

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My Vaquero running discrimination will identify high value targets deeper than my F75 with the latest upgrades running discrimination.

And almost half the weight using a 9v battery.

I love my vaquero, has been great and found me all my good relics, itā€™s always solid on small stuff to about 8ā€, BUT I just got a T2SE with all the updates hoping it will outperform the vaquero in the field. Seems like they may be close in depth, I will be cross checking targets with both. Will be about a month before I can dig most likely.

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That news from Rusty is really sad. Though I guess it's honorable of Tesoro to continue doing warranty repairs, I agree with CoinHunterAZ that it just doesn't make sense business-wise if they have nothing else going on. At this point, I don't understand why they don't file for bankruptcy or at least post *something* on the website. Only thing I can think of is that maybe they're trying to work out some sort of deal to sell the company and feel they can't divulge anything because it's all still up in the air. Slim hope, but...

-Ken

Last edited:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my vaquero, has been great and found me all my good relics, itā€™s always solid on small stuff to about 8ā€, BUT I just got a T2SE with all the updates hoping it will outperform the vaquero in the field. Seems like they may be close in depth, I will be cross checking targets with both. Will be about a month before I can dig most likely.

In all metal, the F75 is deeper. But in discrimination, while the F75 is chirping and VID bouncing 5-15 junk, the Vaquero is screaming solid quarter and above....

Waiting for your results.

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That news from Rusty is really sad. Though I guess it's honorable of Tesoro to continue doing warranty repairs, I agree with CoinHunterAZ that it just doesn't make sense business-wise if they have nothing else going on. At this point, I don't understand why they don't file for bankruptcy or at least post *something* on the website. Only thing I can think of is that maybe they're trying to work out some sort of deal to sell the company and feel they can't divulge anything because it's all still up in the air. Slim hope, but...

-Ken

Or they are completely revamping the company with new products and just had to go full stealth mode?! I false hope perhaps but maybe, just maybe.

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In all metal, the F75 is deeper. But in discrimination, while the F75 is chirping and VID bouncing 5-15 junk, the Vaquero is screaming solid quarter and above....

Waiting for your results.
With patience I will have clear comparison results. I paid not much more than the cost of a new vaq for the se with 5 coils. So I donā€™t have to find blackhawks treasure or anything ( is actually rumored to be yet undiscovered in the northwest part of my county) to make it worth it. But if it can navigate old camps and farms better than the vaquero I will be super happy. I think I always run the vaq too hot, a choice I will consciously not make with the t2.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
one would think they would sell the business before just walking away. I have used tessys since 84 and never broke one , wouldn't you know it my tejon is acting up now.....

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With patience I will have clear comparison results. I paid not much more than the cost of a new vaq for the se with 5 coils. So I donā€™t have to find blackhawks treasure or anything ( is actually rumored to be yet undiscovered in the northwest part of my county) to make it worth it. But if it can navigate old camps and farms better than the vaquero I will be super happy. I think I always run the vaq too hot, a choice I will consciously not make with the t2.

Thank you sir!

I almost got the $499 Classic T2 for a mudder, but already have an F70 and F75 with a lot of coils. I never could turn the F70 down enough to shut it up lol. In the hot summer, I like my Compadres in the dry creeks, ground too hard to dig very deep anyway.

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
one would think they would sell the business before just walking away. I have used tessys since 84 and never broke one , wouldn't you know it my tejon is acting up now.....

Dude that sucks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions