What's new

Any old car enthusiasts/restorers here?

Glenfossilhunter

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 17, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now I'm restoring a 1966 Barracuda. Here are some pics of my project:
 

Attachments

  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    650.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    825.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 013.webp
    013.webp
    823.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    532.6 KB · Views: 65
Please show pics of your projects restored or otherwise.
 
I can imagine that finding the rear window glass is going
to be a pita.

Does it have an engine? 383, Slant 6?
 
I can imagine that finding the rear window glass is going
to be a pita.

Does it have an engine? 383, Slant 6?

I have a rear window for it. My brother found one for a pretty good deal. We just need to install it with a new gasket and locking strip. The engine is a 273 V8, only 66,000 miles on it and runs pretty good!
 
nice project. will be a good looking car when done. I love old cars and trucks. I got a 1974 chevy c10 i'm working on
 
nice project. will be a good looking car when done. I love old cars and trucks. I got a 1974 chevy c10 i'm working on

Nice project truck. My Cuda will be the same blue (metallic) as the interior with the Formula S stripes in silver. She'll have dual exhausts and slotted mags. And of course, a four barrel carb instead of the two barrel.
 
I'm gonna hype up the 350 it has. I'm going to redo the inside black and paint the outside back to the original blue and white color.
 
There is a Mopar salvage yard in Fairmount, Ga. that has acres of cars and warehouses full of parts, many NOS. I can get the name of it if you want it. I am a Pontiac nut and have three at the moment, a 67 GTO, 1950 Pontiac Streamliner and a 39 Series 28 sedan. The 67 is 99.9% finished and the other two are project cars.
 

Attachments

  • 20170408_142000.webp
    20170408_142000.webp
    221.5 KB · Views: 65
  • new tires 4 sahara.webp
    new tires 4 sahara.webp
    228 KB · Views: 67
  • 67 3.webp
    67 3.webp
    304.1 KB · Views: 69
I have a 1968 chevy c10 stepside but it is on the back burner for know. Had to empty my bank accounts to support my daughter when granddaughter was passing from cancer and haven't started back in on it.
 
I have a 1968 chevy c10 stepside but it is on the back burner for know. Had to empty my bank accounts to support my daughter when granddaughter was passing from cancer and haven't started back in on it.

Sorry to hear about that. My prayers to you and your daughter.
 
Last edited:
I've had this one for a little over a year, got some tinkering to do on it this winter.DSC02125.webp
 
1970 AMC AMX. One of 4,000 total AMX’s built that year.
I put in new carpet. Only factory US sports car with no back seat besides the corvette.
 

Attachments

  • FCC65F98-129C-4B48-BB16-0E0BF21E1734.webp
    FCC65F98-129C-4B48-BB16-0E0BF21E1734.webp
    352.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 39EFBF23-1955-43D1-B18F-8F6E45F9DA93.webp
    39EFBF23-1955-43D1-B18F-8F6E45F9DA93.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 63
1971 AMC Javelin AMX. One of only 2,000 built that year.
Work in progress.
 

Attachments

  • 1C0D8A63-75EF-40D0-8201-7C6912A4F9AD.webp
    1C0D8A63-75EF-40D0-8201-7C6912A4F9AD.webp
    101 KB · Views: 66
I love old AMC cars!
 
Manta Montage

This is a kit car I helped my younger bro build. I suppose it qualifies as old because he bought the shell in 1980 while in high school. Finally finished in 2017.

This is similar to the car from TV’s “Hardcastle and McCormick.”

Hand-built, started with a rear-mounted 350 Chevy V8/Toronado transaxle, way too hairy!
Ended up on a different frame with hopped-up VW-power.
 

Attachments

  • DF274E86-45CC-4DF3-ACD1-06666D276DCB.webp
    DF274E86-45CC-4DF3-ACD1-06666D276DCB.webp
    215.5 KB · Views: 56
  • F2CD5F58-12E7-432A-9898-D9E254AE66E3.webp
    F2CD5F58-12E7-432A-9898-D9E254AE66E3.webp
    177.5 KB · Views: 74
NO...:laughing7:
DSCN0395.webp1931 Mod A (Nuttin Special).webp102_0133.webp
 
Last edited:
1970 AMC AMX. One of 4,000 total AMX’s built that year.
I put in new carpet. Only factory US sports car with no back seat besides the corvette.

Not true!! Kaiser Darrin had no back seats and had a fiberglass body.
 
Not true!! Kaiser Darrin had no back seats and had a fiberglass body.
Damn where was the Kaiser buried? 435 built! My neighbor had one, not! Fiberglass? Kit car? I guess I stand corrected!

AMC bought Kaiser. Love the small car co’s.
 
Last edited:
.....its a 46-47-48 lincoln. V-12 3 speed on the tree, electric windows, push button suicide doors. Leather 65000 original. Some politicians parade car.
Miss Monroe, your ride is here...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom