What's new

Any reason to save the Bicentenials? Halves?

Reverend B*IKE*

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2009
Messages
389
Reaction score
46
Golden Thread
0
Location
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some that have the mint mark but I can't tell if they are from broken an uncirculated or proof set?
I am hanging on to them till I can pin it down! otherwise any other reason to hang on to them?
happy hunting
 
Upvote 0
Oh if it has an S mintmark save it otherwise throw them back to feed the silver ones.
 
there are so many of those clad halves i don't believe they will ever be worth anything. i think the mint produced at least 10 for every american that year. i don't know the exact mintage, but i sure do find alot of um
 
I keep all S mintmarks, but Bicentennial halves are nothing special. I get rid of them as soon as i sort through them. :icon_scratch:
 
I think you should keep them! Anything to get some of them out of circulation :thumbsup:
 
the 1976 and 1976D has a combined mintage of about 521 million, so they are NOT worth anything over face value...lol
 
Keep them all and bury them in your back yard forever!!

-golden silver
 
I'd keep as many as I could if I were you....that way the rest of us will get 1/4 instead of 1/2 in our rolls.... :blob1: Hope you gots lots of $$$$$$ to set aside
 

Attachments

  • DSC00900.webp
    DSC00900.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC00900.webp
    DSC00900.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 205
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Someone in my MD club found one in the ground last month. There used to be one less out there til he ignorantly returned it to circulation.
 
OH I GET IT>>>>To thin out the circulation. Alright, I found a source that will pay as much as double, HMMM ???? that would be one dollar, thats would make it 100% profit ? OK so I'll keep as many as I can. Thanks for the tips !!!
 
Hey, tell um I have some beach front property that is for sale... ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom