Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a kit for $42 on Amazon by PuriTest. Comes with digital scales, diamond tester, precious metal test kit, loupe, and miniature file kit. I have been very satisfied with it for the $$$ spent.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yea, I am looking at the ones on eBay with the diamond tester, the 8 bottles of acid, scale, scratch plate, brass loupe. I have been reading the feedback on them and it is all good. Seems puritest acids are a good brand. I am going to hit the buy it now button tonight!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fletch88 said:
I bought a kit for $42 on Amazon by PuriTest. Comes with digital scales, diamond tester, precious metal test kit, loupe, and miniature file kit. I have been very satisfied with it for the $$$ spent.

Hi Fletch. I was going to pick that one up on Amazon but the reviews have me wondering if it's worth it. It seems about half the scales are broken when it arrives. Does the diamond tester really work?
If anyone else has any opinions of this kit or any other I sure would appreciate it.
Thanks!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything seems to work great. I've tested every known diamond I have with it and it work fine. The scales work good also with the standard they come with. I am very pleased with it.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yr a there,alright I got the puri kit to the newer one I just picked up that lasts longer & u can avoid spilling acid more accurat is the precious metals pen tester u can get em.$50 on fee bay more portable to then all the acids,scratch block etc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread