What's new

Any thoughts on this iron knife?

oldbattleaxe

Sr. Member
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
449
Reaction score
340
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Technetics
It came from Saint Johns Newfoundland. That is all I know about it. The saw end cuts very good and has a sharp blade. What would it have been used for? Thanks ahead of time.
 

Attachments

  • DSC08988.webp
    DSC08988.webp
    305.1 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC08999.webp
    DSC08999.webp
    289.6 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC09003.webp
    DSC09003.webp
    492.9 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC08996.webp
    DSC08996.webp
    229.4 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC09001.webp
    DSC09001.webp
    564.7 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 0
Cool ! Looks to me Like it was a Black Smiths Project (One of a Kind)

I do wonder if the handle could have been covered at one time,
to make it more comfortable to use
 
I thought it was interesting. The previous owner said he used the battery and wire method to get some of the rust removed. The saw cuts rope and wood quite easily.
 
That's A Very Cool Knife!

Kace
 
my armature blacksmith cousin makes better ones than that, so I would say it is not old.
 
I thought it was interesting. The previous owner said he used the battery and wire method to get some of the rust removed. The saw cuts rope and wood quite easily.


the battery and wire method I'm aware of is Electrolysis.
That could explain the Pitting If he used a 12 Volt Battery for 24Hours :coffee2:

maybe less :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom