Any tips or suggestions for a new owner of a Sea Hunter Mk 2

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read and reread the manual. Find some clean ground and practice locating some sample targets on top of the ground to get a feel for what works best for you. You might find some video's on YouTube. Hope you have a good scoop like the Sunspot Stealth for digging real deep.

Slugrusher

We've got two of these along with a White's Surf PI. Good machines. First machine I've used. You'll find a lot (of stuff). Plan on digging.
We got done looking through a 7 acre lake. Took us 1.5 weeks. Two of the Sea Hunters going non-stop 9 hours each day. What they were
looking for wasn't there. I guarantee it. However we did find about 100 soda cans, lead sinkers, fish hooks, 5 porta-potties, 1 cool OBX license
plate (now on the front of my truck), a remote control sailboat that didn't survive the waters, an Ugly stick and Penn reel, roofing tiles with aluminum
backing. Visibility was 2 feet at the surface and zero at 18 feet. bottom was from hard sand near shore to "muck", 4 plus feet of it, after the first
thirty feet out. I found cans at an arms length into the muck. Strong signals. Pinpointing with the coil.

Oh yeah, don't forget to take your wedding band and dive watch off, that always seems to get me for the first 10 minutes.

relicswinger

Jun 19, 2008
My Sea Hunter finds EVERYTHING made of metal if my upper left knob is all the way counter-clockwise. When you have found enough small iron items, take one that is the average size and rotate it clockwise until the unit no longer sees it. This will eliminate some good targets as well as the small iron ones. You may wish to make an onsite "test garden" (be sure to test your garden site for underground metal before you do this) of good and bad items that you recovered and see what else is eliminated as you move it clockwise. Large things will blow your ears off and small things will sing out clearly. I have used it on the beach and found various good things. Just no depth indication, sizing, typing, etc. Have fun...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread