What's new

Anybody have any idiea what this could be

rockrelated

Greenie
Joined
Sep 9, 2017
Messages
19
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20170912_081419.webp1505284893638.webp1505284951039.webpIMG_20170912_081419.webp

Sent from my SM-S120VL using TreasureNet.com mobile app
 
No fossil. maybe a form of limestone or sandstone?
 
side view definitely looks siliceous, lay terms we would call it mudstone, but I don't even know if I would call it that with that side view definitely looking like chert. if you spit on it does it soak it up?
 
I forget how it works exactly been out of college a while but I think you get that kind of formation when you have a sand and mud boundary and you apply pressure and the mud needs somewhere to go so it moves around whats applying pressure and forms kinds of blobs and valleys. sorry if I'm butchering the explanation to those who know what I'm trying to say but that's the best I can remember it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom