Anybody hunt, collect arrowheads?

Blskypilot

Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium ls
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a friend in Walton county that looks for them around this area when the fields have been turned.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I hunt a few fields also. Rite now though they are all planted. I have to wait for the fall before the owner will let me go look again. I live in Bartow County.

Blskypilot

Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium ls
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same story out this way. He's got good eyes for the stones. I can't find squat unless I've got a detector and even then I have my days.

puckhunter84

Jul 13, 2013
Gwinnett County, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to hunt arrowheads, but I am fixing to get back into it I have a 3 year old now so haven't been able to get out there and look any! But I live in the Gwinnett area!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don't live anywhere near you guys but I have a river close to me in which many arrowheads have been found. I was wondering do arrowheads usually end up on the bank of a river or in the water? Or does it even make a difference where you look in a river?

puckhunter84

Jul 13, 2013
Gwinnett County, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found them both the water and the bank, but really this day in time it seems like they can be found anywhere from fields, creeks, rivers, lakes, residential homesites, etc...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I have found them both the water and the bank, but really this day in time it seems like they can be found anywhere from fields, creeks, rivers, lakes, residential homesites, etc...

Thanks for the information. I was wondering this the other day when I was at the river.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't live anywhere near you guys but I have a river close to me in which many arrowheads have been found. I was wondering do arrowheads usually end up on the bank of a river or in the water? Or does it even make a difference where you look in a river?

They will usually wash from the soil to the water. Check the water if it isnt too deep. Look for bends in the river where the water will wash up on sand bars or gravel bars. Most will end up there. Its always fun to look but in my area fields are the best bet where they use to camp and hunt. If you find any dont forget to post them in the Artifact forum here on Tnet. We always enjoy seeing them no matter what type or quality they are in. Thanks, rock

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
They will usually wash from the soil to the water. Check the water if it isnt too deep. Look for bends in the river where the water will wash up on sand bars or gravel bars. Most will end up there. Its always fun to look but in my area fields are the best bet where they use to camp and hunt. If you find any dont forget to post them in the Artifact forum here on Tnet. We always enjoy seeing them no matter what type or quality they are in. Thanks, rock

If I find any I will ne sure to post them. Thanks for the info. The river on my are has a extensive history of yielding arrowheads.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread