What's new

Anybody in the Northeast having yellow jacket problems?

It's going to be 22 degrees tomorrow night. I think that will do it for them.
 
They have a bee keepers club in Potter County, Pennsylvania. We had to call them to come collect a swarm that decided that one of my bushes looked like a good place to build a hive.
 

Attachments

  • 20171109_233435.webp
    20171109_233435.webp
    311.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 20171109_233258.webp
    20171109_233258.webp
    436.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 20171109_233345.webp
    20171109_233345.webp
    194.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 20171109_233524.webp
    20171109_233524.webp
    266.1 KB · Views: 74
Well, I thunk wrongly. Totally wrongly. Was out for a short hunt today, there were left over squished pumpkins in the field and I saw three yellow jackets trying to get some pumpkin. Was 19 degrees Friday night and about 25 last night. I think most have died.
 
You are a brave soul.
They should be on their way out now. We've had a week of below freezing temps at night.
There may still be a few in leaf covered areas, till we get a 24 hour freeze.



Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom