🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Anybody know what this is?

Riches in Michigan

Sep 10, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dug this up with an Omega 8000. The clip on the side is spring loaded. It's hollow and open on one end.
What is it? Any info would be appreciated.

What is it....jpg

Attachments

• What is it....jpg
    What is it....jpg
    556.4 KB · Views: 131

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dug this up with an Omega 8000. The clip on the side is spring loaded. It's hollow and open on one end.
What is it? Any info would be appreciated.

View attachment 2036312
Measurements would help and a couple of different angle pictures. (clip system, does it release something through the wall of the unit?)
Being solid on one end discounts it from anything sliding through, but it might of held a pole/staff in place.

Upvote 4

PickTime

Jun 17, 2022
FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
It looks like the locking end of an irrigation pipe that’s been cut off. Sections would be lengths of up to 20 feet. They had a flared/bell on one end that would slip over the next pipes locking end and the dog would clip on to it. They are hand irrigation lines and the smaller ones ran off of a 6-8” mainline. Growers would water one side of the mainline one day and then roller was placed on the mainline and then the sections of hand line were pulled to the opposite side and water that section for a day. In orange groves here in Florida they were used often.
Just judging by the paver that pipe appears to be 3”.

Upvote 7

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like the locking end of an irrigation pipe that’s been cut off. Sections would be lengths of up to 20 feet. They had a flared/bell on one end that would slip over the next pipes locking end and the dog would clip on to it. They are hand irrigation lines and the smaller ones ran off of a 6-8” mainline. Growers would water one side of the mainline one day and then roller was placed on the mainline and then the sections of hand line were pulled to the opposite side and water that section for a day. In orange groves here in Florida they were used often.
Just judging by the paver that pipe appears to be 3”.
What you describe is called a cam lock it seems only one lock would discount that idea .
1657797995792.jpeg

Upvote 2

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How would this work?
The base?
If it was the middle it wouldn't work as a slide as it is solid on the one end.
I guess I am missing something here as 2 if you think it's an umbrella support.
Educate me please.

Upvote 2

PickTime

Jun 17, 2022
FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
What you describe is called a cam lock it seems only one lock would discount that idea . View attachment 2036509
That is not the type of locking systems I saw on irrigation systems here in the 1970’s. Our end plugs were different, some of the pipes used twist lock style connections. My input was what appeared to be to me, it very well could something else all together.
These are similar to the ones I remember.

Attachments

• 80D5DBF2-045F-4555-A9CF-24539563798A.jpeg
    80D5DBF2-045F-4555-A9CF-24539563798A.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Upvote 3

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked for photo... but none to be had yet... I have had the smaller umbrellas with this config to adjust height/

Upvote 1

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok... found similar.... btw Anti... it not a patio umbrella.... its for beach... portable...

That device is an open sleeve. The umbrella rod passes through it. It allows you to adjust the height and lock the rod in place.

The item in this thread is sealed on one end. It also appears to be about 2 1/2-3 inches in diameter. Quite large for an umbrella.

Upvote 2

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That device is an open sleeve. The umbrella rod passes through it. It allows you to adjust the height and lock the rod in place.

The item in this thread is sealed on one end. It also appears to be about 2 1/2-3 inches in diameter. Quite large for an umbrella.
where was it said it was sealed on one end ? and is that just dirt ?
Also where does the OP state the size ? ? ?

I missed that.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread