Anyone detect Fort Wayne parks?

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
I'm not sure which Park, but my friend found a 1923 Peace Dollar in December, so they don't seem hunted out to me!!

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys,
Are there any restrictions, permits required etc. for Ft. Wayne parks? I hated to call up there and ask fearing rejection. If they are being detected I would love to go up there. I have found a few interesting things on an old map that links to Ft. Wayne parks. I was planning on running up there this spring and
checking things out but a heads up from somebody on the scene would help.

HH, Don

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kilmer said:
Hi Guys,
Are there any restrictions, permits required etc. for Ft. Wayne parks? I hated to call up there and ask fearing rejection. If they are being detected I would love to go up there. I have found a few interesting things on an old map that links to Ft. Wayne parks. I was planning on running up there this spring and
checking things out but a heads up from somebody on the scene would help.

HH, Don
I emailed the parks dept several times and here is all I got from them:
"I am sending this over to our Park Superintendent so he can address this
directly with you."
so I waited a few days and heard nothing back, so i emailed again and got this reply:

"Thanks for your follow-up. I will send this on to him because I haven't
heard back on this issue."

I guess if it were not permitted I would get a definate "no" So.......when I get a warm day, I will be going over to check one out, there is a lot of BIG parks there.

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good to me, come on Spring. Road trip to Ft. Wayne is a good way to start this year's season.
Thanks, for the info.

HH, Don

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kilmer said:
Sounds good to me, come on Spring. Road trip to Ft. Wayne is a good way to start this year's season.
Thanks, for the info.

HH, Don
ground is thawed around here, what u waiting for...lol

THingfool

Feb 7, 2009
NE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have detected parks here since 1980. Have found some very nice items and a lot of junk.Only had one time at Lakeside Park when a lawnmowing guy gave me hard time . Asked him to find anyplace that I had dug but he was adamant about me leaving. The only other problem I have heard of was at Foster Park on golf course. Police chased a club member off the goldf course part of park, even tho were lot of divots laying around...lol. Good hunting.

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THingfool said:
I have detected parks here since 1980. Have found some very nice items and a lot of junk.Only had one time at Lakeside Park when a lawnmowing guy gave me hard time . Asked him to find anyplace that I had dug but he was adamant about me leaving. The only other problem I have heard of was at Foster Park on golf course. Police chased a club member off the goldf course part of park, even tho were lot of divots laying around...lol. Good hunting.
which park is the oldest one? Lawton park?

caden

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering, well i'm a beginner and live near fort wayne indiana and was wondering what was the oldest or best place to metal detect in fort wayne?

demo58

Tenderfoot
Jan 28, 2013
indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello from ft. wayne,waiting to pickup an AT PRO.will let you know how the park is next week

bms252

Mar 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lookin for a detecting buddy in fort wayne..

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
updates anyone?

glostikwilly

Apr 25, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Garrettsville Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

loughkb

Aug 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've lived in Ft. Wayne since 1985. Came here with a cheap Radio Shack detector that I'd had since I was a kid and have used it off and on until this year. Found lots in the Ft Wayne parks with that old machine.
Just picked up a Garrett Ace 250 this month and starting to go back over the parks. It sucks that you have to open up discrimination on pull tabs to hunt for gold, there is a LOT of pull tabs in the parks here.

Never been hassled or run off. As long as you are plugging your holes well and offing up smiles and friendly conversation, people will not complain. The city doesn't mind either.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is good news! I recently moved to the Fort Wayne area and am itching to get out once the ground thaws. If anyone would like to get together send me a PM and we can chat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread