anyone else frozen in solid

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We feel your pain, I thought I would take a couple of pictures this morning and share with you what I have to greet me every morning for the last many, I don't know how long!! We haven't had a day above 25 in weeks, and we usually measure snow by feet around here ;D

Attachments

• snowback.jpg
    snowback.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 434
  • snowfront.jpg
    snowfront.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 429
OP
OP
hed11877

hed11877

Jan 17, 2007
Philly area
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
wow nice pics, my mom lives up in Tioga and she said she got 18 inches,,, that will be there for a while

dobie

Feb 12, 2006
corry, pa
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, bounty hunter scout
oh boy, its up over my knees in my front yard,i`ll be on the roof chipping at ice all day today, got about eight inches of ice on my gutters and huge icicles to the ground, my poor dobies have it bad when they need to go out, in the pen its up to there shoulders, we had it easy for a while, now were getting it
dobie

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Great Falls Montana... was -0 at night a few days ago but expect 45-55 degree days all week! Going for the relics on Sunday after almost two months of nuthing! YES! ;D

I feel for everyone like me who has been cold and snow-bound... it's getting harder to come and see what you all are digging while some of us suffer cabin fever! :-\

Toby... nice pics... dang.

ernie

Jun 11, 2004
i live in northern NY and will not be able to hunt until the end of April or first of may until the ground thaws.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
You guys are making me cold, brrrr. Wait a minute it's cold here too. I bet is was 32 this morining when I walked the dog and the high today is only going to be 48! Tonight it is going down to 20, that's right 20 degrees but tomorrow the high will 63. Finally some relief. I feel for you folks up there in the white stuff but look on the bright side, you can go sledding.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
farmercal you slay me, no really you do >:( WNY known as the snow belt we haven't seen a temp above ten in about a month with wind chills around -30. Can't see out our first floor windows cause of the 10+ ft of snow drifts. Just had a 42 inch blizzard followed by a two day lake effect of another 18 inches I'll probably see a thaw sometime in aug. unless theres a miracle like global warming. Thats right I love the Idea ;D. Maybe my vacation property in Northern Ontario will be tropical beach front one day. :D

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you know what they say. . . .

There are only 2 seasons in Western NY and Northwest PA.....

Winter and August ;D

(Just making light of the fact that I probably won't see grass until then)

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
And here I was feelin' sorry for myself... First real winter St Louis has had in years and I'm bummin about it. I don't even have the kids' sleds anymore. Not even the saucers.

countin' the days until spring,

Nan

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got home a short While ago From Pine Grove.

I had to take the Round about way.

Roads everywhere but Pine Grove are Snow & Ice Covered.

Interstate 81 is still Shut Down, the National Guard has all the Entrences Blocked, Truck Parked Everywhere.

I had to use a Pick to Break through the 4" of Ice surrounding my Truck
this morning just to get out.

18 Degrees here now 10:57 AM

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonna be in the 70's tomorrow but rain by late Sunday around here. Daffodils are already bloomed and the fruit trees are budding. There IS snow on Mounts Shasta and Lassen should I care to indulge. I don't so I'll just look at it from afar.

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
packerback , ther's words for people like you . Like the one's we use when we dig a pulltab at two feet . Just kidding I'm green with envy . :( :(

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on the plateau in Morgan county, Tennessee and we have had plenty of cold but not a lot of snow. Might get 2-4" by morning. I really don't envy you guys up north with the ground frozen a foot deep or more. The worst I've had to dig was about 2-3 " of ice and that was rough. I just can't imagine what you guys go through to get to detect. Dang I'm glad to live where I do. Hang in there and hope it lets up soon for ya.

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gtp 1350
Been frozen solid here,since the ist of jan.Tomorrow's temps are supposed to be in the 50's.Next fri.the high should be 65 will be going out then if the weather man is right,which doesn't happen very often........rh

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
32 Degrees Here Today Already.

First time above Freezing since I don't remember when.

Here comes the Global Warming.

There calling for a High of 28 Today :P

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
This picture of my car was taken a few morning's ago...
carSnow.jpg

After finally getting it out of all that mess, it has snowed two more times since then, and is now snowing again as I type. It's getting hard to figure out just where to throw the snow, while your shoveling it... I've got about 3' feet of the stuff throw-ed in, and blow-ed into my yard...
Spring time can't come fast enough for me...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread