What's new

anyone else sick of the cold and snow????

PAPPYGOL

Full Member
Joined
May 15, 2008
Messages
226
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
niles ohio
Detector(s) used
grand master hunter cx2 ,,. , fisher 1235x 1236x2, 2 coin computers, garrett freedom 3.
i like o see the snow at xmas time. but now im sick of it, the cold too. 3 more months. i dont know if i can make it!!!!!!!!!!
 
In November we drove 1500 miles south from NH to the gulf coast of Alabama to get away from the cold for the Winter. Tonight in Alabama we have hard freeze warnings & the lows are expected to be in the 20s. It must be that "global warming" I keep hearing about. At least it's not snowing....
 
oh, its snowing here in ohio. and supposed to really get a big one. oh boy. more misery :'( :'( :'(
 
I think we're all Getting Record lows this year.

If not record Cold,
Record # of days
below Freezing .
Last 2 months we have had Below Normal temps alot
more them above Normal
& only remember 2 days where the weather man said it was Normal.

Woke up to 10 Degrees this Morning
Snowing Heavy now & 25
the High today was 30.
Monday will be the next day they are expecting
us to get up to 30 again.
20's & Teens till then
 
i know how you feel jeff, about a carbon copy of our weather. i cant remember the last time it stayed this cold this long. usually get a nice day now and then,im really looking forward to spring and that wet, conductive, soggy ground
 
It's 15 below right now. Not snowing at least. I will be able to seriously detect here about the middle of May, as usual. We will probably have a total of about 13 ft. of snow between now and then; maybe more this year. I should be jumping up and down and screaming what sissies y'all are, but you won't hear that from me. We have the manpower and equipment to maintain our snow. Coincidentally, it's a ski resort area so the snow helps out. Most of our water pipes are buried about 4 ft. You folks aren't equipped to handle heavy snow and have no reason to be. The bright side is it's snow and not an ice storm. Don't drive anywhere unless you need to, and if you do prepare as if you might have to spend the night in a snow drift. Be sure all your outside faucets are insulated and drain any water lines not in use. Check the antifreeze in the car and have plenty of washer fluid. I can tell you this about cold--when it gets down to 0, 30 below doesn't really feel much different. And that's without wind chill. I really hope y'all stay safe and spring comes quick for you.
 
Being up here in upstate NY is driving me nuts. I got my detector for Xmas and aside from doing a few tests by throwing coins into the snow and looking for them to learn my detector's tones and discrimination settings. At least i should have a good idea about what's junk and what isn't when the ground thaws.

I'm hoping to go visit some friends in Georgia soon so maybe I'll try looking around down there.
 
Hey NatorMVP, if you been practicin findin coins in the snow, put an ad in the local paper lettin folks know you can find things lost in snow in parking lots, etc. Charge them what you will. I don't advertise, but I do get a few calls, mainly when somebody loses a ring or one of my drunk friends drops his keys in 12 inches of snow 'somewhere right about here'. Might be a good little business.
 
hey nator.! i dont think georgia is much better right now
 
In Ct. Woke up to 2 degrees yesterday and to 16-18" of snow today (so far).

Come on :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:
 
I guess it's one or the other. Folks complain about the heat too. :coffee2:
 
Its not the Heat its the Humidity. :BangHead:

Oh and we have 10inches and its still snowing hard.
 
so far in my area we've dodged the bullet and only had about 9" of snow all year so far (just got 4" last nite). last year we had much more snow totals but this year feels much colder.
 
I'm with you, it can stop snowing anytime now, couple feet since last night and still coming down.
 
Funny thing is that winter just started, so you have more to look forward to :laughing7:

3 storms here already in the past 3 weeks
1st storm dumped 30-32"
2nd only a flurry 5-6"
Today's 10-13" ? I'm not going out to measure it either :tongue3:
 
Snow replenishes ground water better than a rain in that it usually has time to sink in before running off. Now with that said, I am ready for a nice warm spring rain. Let's see those first crocus pop up.
 
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: At least my dog loves it. It's just started here in Maine a couple of hours ago and I've plowed the driveway twice already.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8724.webp
    IMG_8724.webp
    57.5 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_8729.webp
    IMG_8729.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 225
We're having our first really cold snap here in Oklahoma. A dusting of snow and it got down to 7 here this morning. Global warming no doubt? It is forecast to get down in the single digits or teens the rest of the week. I wish you Canadians would close the barn door! Monty
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom