What's new

I Got Whacked By the Rona

How do you know you had the China Virus vs Influenza A or B, H1N1 or whatever flavor is going around?

I’ve gotten what I would call the flu every year, sometimes twice a year since Covid was released. Never been tested and never have gotten any shots. I assumed it is COVID, but who knows.
 
How do you know you had the China Virus vs Influenza A or B, H1N1 or whatever flavor is going around?

I’ve gotten what I would call the flu every year, sometimes twice a year since Covid was released. Never been tested and never have gotten any shots. I assumed it is COVID, but who knows.
It was very much different than anything I ever encountered. I have had the flu 7 times in my life, the first being in 1979 when I was 10. It almost killed my mother and I. I'll never forget the scene of her putting me into a bath of ice water because my temp was over 105 all the while she is puking in the toilet. We both hallucinated, and I lost 25% of my body weight. I was out of school for 10 days. She saved my life. So I am very astute and in tune with what I catch. I also have an exceptional memory and can remember a lot about the seven times I have had the flu. I guess having that flu as a kid gave me a sort of PTSD about it all. You can always tell the flu, for me at least it always feels very similar. Fever first, then the body aches.

This covid crap is a slow creeper. Gets in your muscles first before your body realizes it's sick. It festers in there for a few days before the fever kicks in and the incredible fatigue. It also targets the part of your brain that regulates heart rate and blood pressure. For 3 days my BP and heart rate were out of control. For a while it seemed like my body would no longer actually breath automatically, for several hours I had to manually keep a steady rhythm of breathing. It was a very strange sensation and quite unnerving. It's also total upper respiratory, where flu usually goes lower and deeper.

Crazy thing is, I went like almost a decade without catching anything except food poisoning that I did to myself with undercooked chicken, Not a cold or flu or anything. Then in the winter of 2024 I got the flu my 7th time, caught a cold 2 months later, then a month later a horrible stomach virus, then a month later this covid. I'm getting slammed left and right for the past 8 months.
 
Wife and I will be getting the most recent Booster this week if it's available. Had every Covid immunization since the get-go. Neither of us has had Covid. We also stay current on the annual Flu shots, just had it last week.
 
It was very much different than anything I ever encountered. I have had the flu 7 times in my life, the first being in 1979 when I was 10. It almost killed my mother and I. I'll never forget the scene of her putting me into a bath of ice water because my temp was over 105 all the while she is puking in the toilet. We both hallucinated, and I lost 25% of my body weight. I was out of school for 10 days. She saved my life. So I am very astute and in tune with what I catch. I also have an exceptional memory and can remember a lot about the seven times I have had the flu. I guess having that flu as a kid gave me a sort of PTSD about it all. You can always tell the flu, for me at least it always feels very similar. Fever first, then the body aches.

This covid crap is a slow creeper. Gets in your muscles first before your body realizes it's sick. It festers in there for a few days before the fever kicks in and the incredible fatigue. It also targets the part of your brain that regulates heart rate and blood pressure. For 3 days my BP and heart rate were out of control. For a while it seemed like my body would no longer actually breath automatically, for several hours I had to manually keep a steady rhythm of breathing. It was a very strange sensation and quite unnerving. It's also total upper respiratory, where flu usually goes lower and deeper.

Crazy thing is, I went like almost a decade without catching anything except food poisoning that I did to myself with undercooked chicken, Not a cold or flu or anything. Then in the winter of 2024 I got the flu my 7th time, caught a cold 2 months later, then a month later a horrible stomach virus, then a month later this covid. I'm getting slammed left and right for the past 8 months.
So you don’t know if you had COVID. We are in the same boat. Truth is as we get older, we get more susceptible to the flu and the worse the symptoms get. Mine has been a terribly pressure headache for 2 days followed by fatigue and mild other symptoms. Figured COVID, but who knows. I’ve never figured a benefit in getting tested.
 
Wife and I will be getting the most recent Booster this week if it's available. Had every Covid immunization since the get-go. Neither of us has had Covid. We also stay current on the annual Flu shots, just had it last week.
My neighbor almost died from the annual flu shot a couple years ago. Had a reaction where his throat and head swelled up. He was 83 and prior to that had never gotten the flu vaccination. His kids convinced him that he should get a shot because he was so old. My dad was the one that caught it and convinced him to go to the emergency room.
 
My neighbor almost died from the annual flu shot a couple years ago. Had a reaction where his throat swelled up. He was 83 and prior to that had never gotten the flu vaccination.
My wife lost 80% hearing in her left ear as a direct result of the quad flu vax. Dr verified it too that it was an adverse reaction. We both are never getting another shot full stop.
Along with the hearing loss she also gets recurring pain in it dozens of times a month. We had that shot almost 5 yrs ago.
 
Just wondering if any of you that are affected now with this ever got vaccinated and or any of the booster shots?
I had the initial shot and all the boosters (I work inside peoples homes, most of them elderly, did what I could to protect everybody) got hit only one time so far. This year, literally the day after my 41st birthday, I felt a little weird. Tingly all over and slightly light headed. Took a test, popped pos. Wife and daughter left to try and not get it, daughter popped pos 3 days later.

We were EXTREMELY lucky in that, besides a very mild fever the first day for both of us, we had zero symptoms. No long term effects, no breathing troubles, literally nothing. Only thing bad was we had to postpone her birthday party about a month. Again, we were super lucky to not get it bad and I really feel horrible that others get it and either almost die or actually die and somehow we got the exact same thing and barely had a cough.
 
Early in the fiasco I found out my two older brothers had gotten the jab. I looked up their batch numbers and both had jabs that were listed on this data base as being high in adverse reactions. After I told them they stopped future jabs.


 
Got it in the first few months before vax. Several days in ICU on 02, antivirals, antibiotics, steroids and such. Got remdesivir and monoclonal treatments after. Couldn't walk to the mailbox for 6 weeks. Got a a shot and single booster 6 months later. Had 8 days of sniffles since.
I was taking the dewormer and aquarium cleaner coctail when I got it. 2 of my 40ish neighbors who died were also. Some other haven't had a sniffle on it. One 80yr old neighbor was in the hospital with flu for two weeks a few years before was golfing with the 'rona. Makes 0 sense.
 
Wow, that sucks. I never got the vac and had it twice, no big thing about three days down. First time I was so weak I couldn't walk a half a block and second time it turned my eyes bright red which was kind of cool really. Only missed two days of work. The wife got the vac and she had it, but just down for a couple of days. My son got the vac, got it, and he still has complications from it after 4 years.
 
Wow, that sucks. I never got the vac and had it twice, no big thing about three days down. First time I was so weak I couldn't walk a half a block and second time it turned my eyes bright red which was kind of cool really. Only missed two days of work. The wife got the vac and she had it, but just down for a couple of days. My son got the vac, got it, and he still has complications from it after 4 years.
If I may ask, what complications and how old was he when he got it?
 
Me and the Mrs both had it in 2019, and so did a lot of others in SE Ontario in 2019. Had a cold or a slight flu once after that, no biggie.

Never vax'd and we have it in the living wills that we won't be given any if we're not able to communicate.
3 folks right now that we know, all vax'd, boosters, and all have stage 3 cancer.
So many folks around us have died over the last few years. So many have also said the world is nuts now.
 
If I may ask, what complications and how old was he when he got it?
42 yoa, Tesorodeoro. He seems to have some heart problems (they think) and a loss of stamina. When he got that, he was down for about 2 weeks. Probably not a result of the vac, but maybe something pre-existing covid set off? This guy was one of the best athletes (track) ever turned out by his high school. Doctors seem to tell him different things every time. One thing, this kid has three degrees, but he went to WebMd when he first noticed problems, and found out he only had a month to live, haha! That's when he went to a real doctor.
 
42 yoa, Tesorodeoro. He seems to have some heart problems (they think) and a loss of stamina. When he got that, he was down for about 2 weeks. Probably not a result of the vac, but maybe something pre-existing covid set off? This guy was one of the best athletes (track) ever turned out by his high school. Doctors seem to tell him different things every time. One thing, this kid has three degrees, but he went to WebMd when he first noticed problems, and found out he only had a month to live, haha! That's when he went to a real doctor.
I had a friend/in-law that had a virus that attacked her heart valve. She didn’t know it was serious. Coughing, loss of energy. Ended up needing a heart valve transplant as a young woman. My point being there were nasty viruses prior to COVID as well. Hope your son learns to manage his condition.
 
I have a 72 year old friend in Florida who just contracted the measles. I'm 62 and have never known anyone who had the measles, until now. Speaks volumes about the effectiveness of vaccines and the potential harm if you refuse them...

"Measles is a highly contagious respiratory disease that can result in severe and sometimes permanent complications including pneumonia, seizures, brain damage, and even death."
 
In my 60’s and haven’t been sick for about 6 years, right about the time I changed my diet, started walking, lost 50 lbs and have quit smoking too. Neither my wife or I or my daughter have had covid, no vaccinations of any kind.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom