What's new

Anyone ever cruise on carnival with their detector?

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2007
Messages
7,808
Reaction score
779
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bradenton, Fl
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Going to Grand Cayman, Beliz, Roatan, and Cozumel in Dec. and wondering if Carnival cruise lines or any of these islands present problems for the detectorist?
 
I doubt that Carnival will give you any problems, but any country could, and I wouldn't rely on only Carnival's answer regarding the current policy of other countries. Best to check with reps of these countries before perhaps having a bad experience.
 
Cntry, is this your first cruise?

habs
 
no, I'm a seasoned cruiser. Family chose the cruise and I'm along for the ride.
 
Nice :icon_thumleft: Then you certainly know how well you have to pack your machine. Had a friend who did Carnival 4 years ago and they lost his luggage. It was his first cruise but I had told him to have a change of clothes, shave kit etc in his carry on.

I got to Cozumel a few years back on Voyager of the Seas. Great time!! I would think that the beaches closest to the docks would be ok to hunt. The other side of the island where the ruins are might be a no go. There is a snorkle excursion just a few minutes from the ship. If I recall correctly, we walked there. Imagine all the cruisers that go through those beaches.

Maybe you could contact the local tourism office for each port and ask if detecting is allowed AND if a permit is needed.

habs
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom