What's new

Anyone ever done this on there dredge ?

jog

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
1,367
Reaction score
682
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had an idea today and I don't know if it has ever been done, but thought I would see what everyone here thinks.
Has anyone ever put small riffles on the punch plate at the head of the box to help drop out the fines faster? Do you think this might work or make things worse?
 
Hey, Jog, nothing wrong with thinking improvements but that would make things worse.
A punch plate is a slick plate with holes the fines travel the bottom and drop throught the holes.
Adding riffles creates turbulence and would hold up the larger rocks.
You want the rocks to keep rolling and the gold traveling the bottom to drop through.

I have seen a guy who had riffles welded to the underside of the punch plates (or in might have been expanded?) but not sure how well that worked out for him.
 
yep, riffels at the head of your sluice will keep the fines stired up. you want to get your fines to drop out of suspension as quicly as you can to save them.
 
Well; like I said, it was just a thought. Then again I have lots of thoughts that don't make much sense, but I guess you never know unless you ask. Like I tell my kids there is no such thing as a dumb question.
 
El Grampo says "He who asks question is not dumb, he is informed."

Gramps
 
With my brain I'm being informed a lot.
 
Informed is Good!

Get informed. Get more gold. People here help others and that is also good.......63bkpkr
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom