What's new

Anyone ever have any paranormal events happen to them while Detecting?

I got abducted by aliens once while MDing. Does that count?
I'll bet they were itching to try out their new Garrett pro-pointer....
If you catch my drift.
 
Nope. I have felt I was being watched but it was because someone was watching me. I don't see anything in Limitool's image except rock shadows. I'm just a real snoozer when it comes to the spirit world, I guess. But then I did major in human behavior and I know the mind will do things to you that don't exist in reality; so I'm ready for it. ;-)
 
I only run into hippies growing pot out in the woods while am going from one cellar hole to the next.
At first I thought they were big foot!
Must be "modern" hippies. I can't see a 50-60 year old (1960's original) hippie running around out in the woods growing pot.
 
But then I did major in human behavior and I know the mind will do things to you that don't exist in reality; so I'm ready for it. ;-)

I wasn't detecting but here's my story I've been itching to tell the masses for a long time. I'll try to keep it short as possible without compromising the story. About 25 years ago when I lived at home with my parents, I came home about 1 a.m. on a Friday night. I pulled up to our house and my parents car was in the driveway so I parked on the street. I went into the house to the kitchen to get something to eat as quietly as I could so as to not disturb my sleeping parents. When I flipped on the kitchen light I heard my mother wake and cough in their bedroom to clear her throat and then fall back asleep(she was a smoker and would do this often if she was disturbed in the middle of the night). I finished in the kitchen and went into the living room and turned on the t.v. low as to not disturb them. I fell asleep on the sofa in front of the t.v. About 4 a.m. my aunt who was living with us at the time came in from her job and woke me on the sofa and asked me where my parents were. Half groggy I told her "they are asleep in the bed" to which she replied "no they are not". I jumped from the sofa and went to their bedroom and no one was there. I looked outside and their car was not in the driveway. I sat down on the sofa and explained to my aunt what I have written here and wondered why they would leave in the middle of the night if there was an emergency, without waking me up, and how I would not have heard them leave. I laid back down on the sofa but never went back to sleep wondering where my parents were and why they left without waking me. About 8 a.m. the telephone rings and it's my dad. I asked him "where did yall go this morning". He said "we went to bingo with your sister last night and spent the night at her house". I thought "huh?!!!" I asked him what time they left and he said they left the house about 6:30 yesterday...they never came back home. I was in a complete state of confusion. How did I see their car in the driveway?...who did I hear cough?...here I was tiptoeing around the house and no one was there but me. I have never drank or done drugs so I was not under any influence. Here I am in my mid 40s today and sometimes still wonder what happened that night. I put Charlie in quote at the top because I guess the mind really does play tricks on you sometimes. That is the only thing remotely weird that has ever happened to me.
 
I did see 2 orbs of light in our back yard,but I was detecting when it happened.
 
I did see 2 orbs of light in our back yard,but I was detecting when it happened.

Damn.... When I was vacationing in MA. my pants fell down and that's probably what you saw... Sorry!!!!
 
Hi hutsitedigger.. i know this is going to sound really strange but I experienced exactly what you are talking about... i grew up right off brooke road about 2 miles from the aquia landing beach... On july 26th 2013 my boyfriend and I decided to jump over the park rail at nigh and head down to the beach (making that long walk from the gate in the dark) we hung out on the beach for about 1 hr and as we were walking back in the pitch black.. we were approached by and unseen. 'Animal' that made a deep growl/hissing sound at us... i went into a deep panic.. my boyfriend who is an avid duck hunter and marine made a noise back at this unknown creature ..The creature sounded big as it jumped back into the swamp... to this day we still talk about that night and wonder what it was that we encountered. . I still get chills when I think about it... i am 25 years old and like I said my boyfriend is a marine and duck hunter so we aren't some teenagers that would exaggerate something like this... In fact... i got so scared thinking back on this night that I decided to Google animals that live in the crows next hoping to find an answer or get closure. ..and stumbled upon this post.. it gave me chills and I created an account just so I could respond to you.. my boyfriend believes due to the sound it made.its movements. .etc.. that it isn't an animal if so.. not one that would live in this habit

Sounds exactly like what I encountered.. I have talked with other old time relic and game hunters of crows nest and have heard other people talk about the hissing noises, supposedly back in i believe the 1960s down on the potomac creek side when they were running a saw mill operation on the creek down there (which you can still remains of the mill) the steam mill blew up and killed one of the workers and critically hurt the other. The emergency responders heard hissing noises following them when they had to walk 1 mile in to get to the accident site, I have also heard during other accidents in Crows Nest which I won't get into because one was a personal friend of mine, the emergency responders and a Stafford deputy also heard the hissing noises. The steam mill accident is documented in a book on the Brooke area history talking about the accident. The DCR is now got a-lot of game cameras in crows nest and have heard that a paranormal team has been in crows nest over the past year and DCR granted them permission to be in there- but have not heard any of the results. There is def. something that hisses at you, and what? i really would like to know. If it is some rare animal (keep in mind Crow's Nest is got very rare plant and other life in it, they have plant life that only grows in crows nest and also insects that only live in crows nest and other odd things that happen in there, that of course is why the DCR owns and protects Crows Nest very harshly) i would like to know. But - from what I saw and heard is sure was creepy and exciting at the same time.
 
Hi hutsitedigger.. i know this is going to sound really strange but I experienced exactly what you are talking about... i grew up right off brooke road about 2 miles from the aquia landing beach... On july 26th 2013 my boyfriend and I decided to jump over the park rail at nigh and head down to the beach (making that long walk from the gate in the dark) we hung out on the beach for about 1 hr and as we were walking back in the pitch black.. we were approached by and unseen. 'Animal' that made a deep growl/hissing sound at us... i went into a deep panic.. my boyfriend who is an avid duck hunter and marine made a noise back at this unknown creature ..The creature sounded big as it jumped back into the swamp... to this day we still talk about that night and wonder what it was that we encountered. . I still get chills when I think about it... i am 25 years old and like I said my boyfriend is a marine and duck hunter so we aren't some teenagers that would exaggerate something like this... In fact... i got so scared thinking back on this night that I decided to Google animals that live in the crows next hoping to find an answer or get closure. ..and stumbled upon this post.. it gave me chills and I created an account just so I could respond to you.. my boyfriend believes due to the sound it made.its movements. .etc.. that it isn't an animal if so.. not one that would live in this habit
If you have critters living in your habit it might be time to change clothes :D

Bundesarchiv_Bild_121-0320%2C_Krakau%2C_Gef%C3%A4ngnis_Montelupich%2C_Klosterschwester.jpg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom