What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Anyone ever seen one?

mainer

Silver Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
3,405
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone got a clue as to what this is? Roughly the size of a dime.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20240110_174403390.webp
    IMG_20240110_174403390.webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20240110_174329455.webp
    IMG_20240110_174329455.webp
    203.2 KB · Views: 108
Apothecary weight is my guess. Where was it found?
 

Attachments

  • 1100fr.webp
    1100fr.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 52
Upvote 1
I'd like to see the other side please ,and a clearer photo if possible,can't make out the abstract image.
I just did a look and seen square coins from India and a Sultanate, and bactria coins. Although your peice doesn't look like a coin realy ,I also saw weights ,like smaller coin/ gold weight that are similar.
Whatever it is it looks old.
Where did you find it?
 
Upvote 0
Lol it was funny. Took me awhile but I got the joke
 
Upvote 1
Hey now be nice and no name calling :) you said Apothecary weight -- so drugs. Ha ha. But not funny if I have to explain it :D
Ok, my bad. I got it now. It must be old age? Sorry for jumping the gun.
I’m still sticking with apothecary weight though.
MM
 
Upvote 0
I'd like to see the other side please ,and a clearer photo if possible,can't make out the abstract image.
I just did a look and seen square coins from India and a Sultanate, and bactria coins. Although your peice doesn't look like a coin realy ,I also saw weights ,like smaller coin/ gold weight that are similar.
Whatever it is it looks old.
Where did you find it?
It was found on a beach in Maine.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom