Anyone find any silver dollars?

Just last week, 3 Morgans, 3 Peace dollars, 1 walker half and 3 40% at a gas station. When the till opened I could see them peeking out at me. The gal said a guy bought gas with them. I couldn't believe it!

HH Mark

Wow Mark... that is intense! Sweet score!

Crazy why the cashier wouldn't keep them for themself... I don't get how so many people have no idea about rarity and silver content and all that when it comes to coin!

I have never found any in the wild myself... and I don't think buying them at coin stores is the answer you were looking for? lol

~Dave

BBcardsRI said:
Wow Mark... that is intense! Sweet score!

Crazy why the cashier wouldn't keep them for themself... I don't get how so many people have no idea about rarity and silver content and all that when it comes to coin!

I have never found any in the wild myself... and I don't think buying them at coin stores is the answer you were looking for? lol

~Dave

I bought some on ebay, but i want to find some at the bank!

Mark - Excellent score!! Times are getting tough on some folks so I could see someone paying with those coins. It's kinda sad to see but it is a reality.

I have found some Morgan & Peace dollars by buying Ike's. The majority of them came in a bag of 500. This bag contained 4 each but not a one silver Ike....not complaining but I just figured to find 1 or 2 silver Ike's before Morgans & Peace dollars. I tried like heck to get another bag of Ike's from this same source but to no avail.

One of my tellers had about 15 Ikes saved for me to look through today. No silver. I have gotten a Morgan and a Peace at banks. For a buck each.

last week a kind teller at the bank said she'd saved some ikes for me. I never asked for ikes, only halves, but i gladly thanked her for saving them for me, out of the bag of 10 ikes spilled a circulated 1991 SAE.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back