anyone find gold?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of variables involved here. Most none gold detetors, Tesoro's included do not have the gain needed to be great small flake or nugget hunters. The coin detectors are not up to the task of doing this, though they will find a huge nugget just like any other detector. Smaller coils are generally better at finding the smaller targets and get between the rocks an brush better in gold country.

Desert_Rat

Jun 11, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Amigo II/Diablo uMax/Sidewinder
Are you looking for Gold as in jewelry or as in nuggets. Any tesoro will find jewelry, you just have to dig all your targets. It your looking for nuggets, get a gold machine like a Lobo or a Gold Bug. I use my Vaquero with 5.75" DD coil as a backup nugget detector.

findit said:
Has anyone found gold from jewelry to especially flakes,nuggets,etc. From a tesoro other than the lobo's? Like to here what gold tesoro's have found. Which machines and which coils.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a LST and a Tejon, and I used to have a Vaquero. With the 5.75" widescan or concentric, I can find course flakes easily with the LST. The Tejon is the same, but you have to play with the sensitivity and the GB. In my opinion, I think that the Tejon has the potential to go deeper than the LST. The only draw back to using the Tejon in gold country is that you have to use a widescan coil, because it's tweaked so high you just can't get a concentric coil to GB properly. Now the Vaquero would also be a great choice with a widescan coil. When I had my Vaquero, I used to put that 10" elliptical widescan on it. I got absolute silence in minerlized soil. I know several people that have found nuggets with it.

OP
OP
findit

findit

Jul 1, 2007
sandman and desert rat

Sandman I thought the tejon has extremly high gain and desert rat would the vaquero with the 5.75 find anything.which 5.75

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tejon has a fairly high gain, but not as high as a true gold detector like the Lobo, GMT, Gold bug, and higher end Minelab gold detectors. Most small coils like the 5.75 are more sensitive to tiny nuggets no matter which model they are on.

Desert_Rat

Jun 11, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Amigo II/Diablo uMax/Sidewinder
Re: sandman and desert rat

findit said:
Sandman I thought the tejon has extremly high gain and desert rat would the vaquero with the 5.75 find anything.which 5.75

I use 5.75" Widescan, I have found gold with it. It will find nuggets about 1/2 dime size or larger.

OP
OP
findit

findit

Jul 1, 2007
Re: anyone find gold? widescan vs concentric question

have you guys compared the 5.75 dd vs 5.75 concentic in general use? i was told the concentric will discriminate better and the dd will have lees depth. have you noticed any differences between the two?

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found three gold rings with my Vaquero this year at old home sites. The deepest was about 5-6 inches and all of them gave out a good signal. I also found a gold plated small charm of some kind. I think the main thing is to keep disc. down and dig all but iron .I leave a site with a bag full of junk but that helps the next time I go back. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread