Anyone finding any wheat penny key dates...anyone?

myprecious

Aug 2, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites BHID 300 / Bounty Hunter IV
I haven't really gotten into searching the copper yet myself, (though i've got about 50lbs of pre-82s, and a few hundred wheats) i was wondering if any of you penny people have ever pulled any key dates - '09-s or VDB, 22 no D, 14-D, 31-S, 55 DD or any of the teen S's.

I have always wanted an S-VDB - and might consider splurging one day...as i patiently watch and drool at the MS Gems going for $2,500 - $5,000 on Ebay.

Upvote 0
I found a 1913s last year but it was super worn and needed a loup to see the date and mint mark but its sitting in my collection and it only cost me 1 cent.

I have been keeping a list of everything posted in this forum.

One for each year and one for the life of the forum. Those will list anything found and posted to this forum. I think there were 3 wheat pennies left.

Hello myprecious, and welcome to the forum. I was searching pennies really, really hard from Jan. 09 - May 09. With-in that time I searched 2.3 million or so pennies(give or take a couple thousand :wink: ) I have found all pennies except 1909S VDB, 1922 D, and No D, 1924D, and a 1931S. As for the low teen S's I have found few hundred of them, pretty much all 16S, 17S, 18S, and of coarse the 19S. Oh I have also not found any of the major errors like the horizontal 09S, or the 55 DD.
As for the ones I havent found I am getting ready to trade in a bunch of wheats, and some of the doubles, triples, ect.. of my semi-keys to complete my set. So kinda still have found the whole set from CRH, meaning note really taking money out of my pocket to buy the coins needed, everything I am traded was bought at face value. :icon_thumright:

Happy Hunting and Good Luck,
Jason

That's awesome Jason - good for you.

I think my eyes would pop from their sockets looking at that many pennies.

I hope you ultimately finish your set one way or another.

Well Shake and Bake
the 1955 DD is the king of the Double DDs. This one is no an error but a DV.

I think is still out there just as the 1943 Bronce Penny

Darth Walker

Nope. 210,000 searched. No key dates found.
However, out of the 20 rolls or so of Halves I searched I did find a 1938-D.
So you just never know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back