What's new

Anyone from Alabama?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KI4FKW
  • Start date Start date
K

KI4FKW

Guest
Hey everyone, I'm new here, got a cheap-o Wal-Mart detector, but have had a ball finding junk with it. My question is, does anyone have any good ideas of good places to look in Northeast Alabama? I'm from Calhoun County if anyone here is from Bama. We have an old military fort, Ft. McClellan. I've heard they are a great place to start. The only problem is that much of it has buried chemicals and unexploded oridnaces that have not been found. About 10,000 acres was woodland training areas and is now a National Forest area. There are lots of very old buildings and areas that date to the early 1800s. Anyone have good ideas about who to contact to ask if and where it would be ok to detect? Thanks in advance if anyone can help. Sorry so long :)
 
Chilton County here, between Birmingham and Montgomery. I had an old Micronta MD when I was a kid and enjoyed playing with it so I recently ordered a Garrett Ace 250 to play with now, it should be here in about a week. I am looking forward to seeing what I find...
 
Huntsville Here also, If interested in Hunting this area I can introduce you to some more Detecting buddies,just send me a message.
 
Russellville Al. here and will be expecting my first MD by this friday ..Give me a holler Tim
 
Hello from the Birmingham area. I am near what were the settlements that supported the Pratt City Mines in the late 1800's and early 1900's. I also have the benefit of access to some areas destroyed by the tornadoes of April 2011. I dont have any significant finds yet but do see a better understanding of this hobby developing.
 
Hello all I am from Millbrook and would like to find someone to hunt with in this area. If you would like to contact me you can here or at my email address...rilelec@hotmail.com
rilelec@hotmail.com
 
Hey guys i'm from Madison, Al. Just moved here with my wife been detecting for around 5 years. Dont really know the area if anyone would like a hunting partner just let me know.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom