yellow1053
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Jul 7, 2009
- Messages
- 88
- Reaction score
- 10
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Waltham, MA
- Detector(s) used
- White's Vision
Mackaydon said:Here's your medallian:
http://www.coinarchives.com/w/lotviewer.php?LotID=663795&AucID=485&Lot=2525&Match=
Note that both Lots 2525 and Lot 1749 (immediately below lot 2525--click on: "Show lots similar to this one.") seem to reflect the same medallion. One has an est. value of 300 euros and the other--500 !!! Lot 1749 may be of a later issue.
Either way, it appears you have a real winner. Congrats!!
Don....
Mackaydon said:Here's one for sale for 570 Euros:
http://www.muenzauktion.com/pkkmgbr...en&PHPSESSID=99f053893da60caee5010db5b8256923
The image shows a wine barrel in Heidelberg Castle. Somewhere I read it holds 49,000 gallons of wine.
Don....
http://translate.google.com/transla...9Fen+Fasses+in+Heidelberg&hl=en&sa=G&ie=UTF-8

Wow! that's it, thanks! I'm not entirely sure mine is silver however, it could be a repro I suppose. I'll have to test it. I would say this is solved.RELICDUDE07 said:http://images.google.com/imgres?img...&rlz=1T4ADBF_enUS319US319&sa=N&start=100&um=1 search on this site german 1716
yellow1053 said:Wow! that's it, thanks! I'm not entirely sure mine is silver however, it could be a repro I suppose. I'll have to test it. I would say this is solved.RELICDUDE07 said:http://images.google.com/imgres?img...&rlz=1T4ADBF_enUS319US319&sa=N&start=100&um=1 search on this site german 1716
Jim.
hmmmmm?Mackaydon said:Then possibly a souvenir from the Heidelberg Castle, representing a replica of the real medallion.
so most likely no real value?CRUSADER said:Mackaydon said:Then possibly a souvenir from the Heidelberg Castle, representing a replica of the real medallion.
Most likely a copper-alloy version, this is typical for this type of issue. Make an expensive Silver or Gold Version & various copper or bronze types. Hits different markets at the same time.
yellow1053 said:so most likely no real value?CRUSADER said:Mackaydon said:Then possibly a souvenir from the Heidelberg Castle, representing a replica of the real medallion.
Most likely a copper-alloy version, this is typical for this type of issue. Make an expensive Silver or Gold Version & various copper or bronze types. Hits different markets at the same time.

Better than a sharp stick in the eye I guess.CRUSADER said:yellow1053 said:so most likely no real value?CRUSADER said:Mackaydon said:Then possibly a souvenir from the Heidelberg Castle, representing a replica of the real medallion.
Most likely a copper-alloy version, this is typical for this type of issue. Make an expensive Silver or Gold Version & various copper or bronze types. Hits different markets at the same time.
$20-$50 maybe![]()
