Anyone has experience ordering/buying/dumping coins with Chase?

yvairguy

Greenie
Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at different times i have used them for ordering coin and dumping my bagged coins but never both at the same time, though I do know people that only search a box or two a week that they have done both sides for them.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My accounts with multiple different banks were 'free', but they kept upping the ante with maintainance and minimum balance fees. No matter what I did to comply, I simply couldn't avoid the (hidden) fees, and that for me removed all the fun from roll hunting.

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I have an account with Chase that is well over their minimum threshold for free everything, but I only use them for dumping coins. I have only dumped my boxes at Chase for about 7 years. Some are more willing to take them but so far they all take them no matter what state I'm in.

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use chase as a dump bank. They are by far the nicest tellers in my area and don't give me a hard time when I dump nickels. HH, Zach.

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I have a Chase checking account and use them as a pick-up bank. They are really nice to us; the Vault Teller keeps telling me if I want I can bring my coins right back in to them, which I don't do. I'm disabled now and if they see that I am having a bad day one of the men usually offers to carry the box of halves and dimes out to the truck for my wife and I. They call us if the order doesn't come in on its regular day and have just been one of my best pick-up banks ever.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
? They have a nice deal on checking accounts for veterans, So im thinking about opening an account with them.

:hello: I have the veterans checking account with them. All you have to do is keep a minimum of $25 in the account. You have to do at least 1 transaction in a year (not calendar year) to keep the account active. Since I don't use the account for checking, I deposit a $1 once a year into the account. They also give you a free safety deposit box. Because I have a checking account with Chase, they order me boxes of halves for free. I don't return my halves back to Chase as I use another bank with a coin counter for dumping. When you do open the account, you have to show them proof that you are a veteran. Your DD214 will suffice as proof. Hope this helps. Anything new with your saga on waiting for the half bag to fill up?
HH
Gary

Last edited:

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have a Chase account, and they will order halves for me with no problem. My only problem is that many CRH'ers here in the DFW area use them as a dump bank, so the pickings are pretty slim. I have been out of ordering boxes for many years as I got tired of skunks, and out of 5 boxes I have recently gotten the first box had 2 40% and 1 90%, the last 4 boxes skunks.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:hello: I have the veterans checking account with them. All you have to do is keep a minimum of $25 in the account. You have to do at least 1 transaction in a year (not calendar year) to keep the account active. Since I don't use the account for checking, I deposit a $1 once a year into the account. They also give you a free safety deposit box. Because I have a checking account with Chase, they order me boxes of halves for free. I don't return my halves back to Chase as I use another bank with a coin counter for dumping. When you do open the account, you have to show them proof that you are a veteran. Your DD214 will suffice as proof. Hope this helps. Anything new with your saga on waiting for the half bag to fill up?
HH
Gary

I was called by the Manager 3 weeks ago, telling me about the bag of dollar coins i wanted is full. She said dollar coins, but i thought she might have meant half dollars. SO I show up that day and sure enough she brings out a bag of Dollar coins.... Anyways fast forward a week later, I went in to pick up dimes and asked about the half dollar bag, she checks the machine and i see 95. Im not sure if it is 95 coins or 95$, but she said she will save it for me when it is full. got a longger wait i guess, as the bank is a regional bank and does not get much traffic, compared to other banks.... I'll ask about it tomorrow, when i pick up dimes to see where it is at. Im pretty sure it has not changed much.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was called by the Manager 3 weeks ago, telling me about the bag of dollar coins i wanted is full. She said dollar coins, but i thought she might have meant half dollars. SO I show up that day and sure enough she brings out a bag of Dollar coins.... Anyways fast forward a week later, I went in to pick up dimes and asked about the half dollar bag, she checks the machine and i see 95. Im not sure if it is 95 coins or 95$, but she said she will save it for me when it is full. got a longger wait i guess, as the bank is a regional bank and does not get much traffic, compared to other banks.... I'll ask about it tomorrow, when i pick up dimes to see where it is at. Im pretty sure it has not changed much.

:BangHead: From your original post about the possibility of getting a half dollar bag, it sounds like the manager thought you meant a "dollar" bag while you meant a "half-dollar " bag. That's a bummer for sure. Most likely when they checked the machine & it said the half dollar bag was 95, I'm sure it meant $95 not 95 coins. I've never heard of a coin counting machine listing how many coins it has in a particular bag. You need to find out how much the bag will hold when it's full. If the bag is full at $100, I would dump the other $5 to fill the bag but before doing that check & make sure they will sell you the bag when it's full. Good luck with that. Also was the information I gave you about the Chase "veterans" account helpful?

HH
Gary

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chief, the bag holds 1000$. I bought a bag from them two years ago, when I dumped and another gentlemen dumped on them. Lol yes, the info is helpful, but I haven't taken my butt out to a chase yet to start the process... Just gotta find time one day...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread