What's new

Anyone have a clue?

Justice70

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
644
Reaction score
82
Golden Thread
0
Location
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this today at a site where I also dug a 1934 so called coin from the Chicago a century of excellence fair. The threaded pc. at the top has a ball and socket type hinge. The flaired part has ornamental design on it. I am thinking this was an old house site but not sure yet.
 

Attachments

  • what is it.webp
    what is it.webp
    100 KB · Views: 338
I'm thinking an early door bell/door ring. The apparatus would be affixed to the top of the door frame, and the screwed portion of the upper shaft would allow for just the movable portion to be hit by the door when opening or closing.
 
Upvote 0
Victorian drawer pull.
 

Attachments

  • Victorian Wooden Drop Pulls.webp
    Victorian Wooden Drop Pulls.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 293
  • Victorian Wooden Drop Pulls.webp
    Victorian Wooden Drop Pulls.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 283
Upvote 0
Lucas said:
Victorian drawer pull.

Lucas, I think you nailed it. Thank you sir :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Would a drawer pull have a thread that long?
Isn't the front panel of a drawer way thinner?
That longer thread would be poking someone's panties :P

only thing I am wondering lol
 
Upvote 0
FarmerChick said:
Would a drawer pull have a thread that long?
Isn't the front panel of a drawer way thinner?
That longer thread would be poking someone's panties :P

only thing I am wondering lol
I think the long part is the part hanging down.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom