What's new

Anyone Have a Tarsacci MDT 8000?

Thebigd81

Full Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2019
Messages
205
Reaction score
784
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking to get some reviews on people using this I'm thinking of adding it to my collection of machines but want to hear some thoughts on it first
 
I've had mine for a couple of months now and love it. It's not cheap and doesn't have a plug 'n play feature like a lot of others (park, beach and field modes), but it's plenty deep and it's strength is wet sand beaches and highly mineralized ground sites. You've just got to take the time to learn to use the settings in the right combinations for your neck of the woods. Happy hunting!
 
I've had mine for a couple of months now and love it. It's not cheap and doesn't have a plug 'n play feature like a lot of others (park, beach and field modes), but it's plenty deep and it's strength is wet sand beaches and highly mineralized ground sites. You've just got to take the time to learn to use the settings in the right combinations for your neck of the woods. Happy hunting!
Thanks for the reply... The depth and seeing through mineralization is what makes me want to jump but I do no beach hunting and have a CTX so don't know if it really worth adding to the arsenal
 
Don't know why you would struggle with depth and mineralization with the CTX 3030. I'm not brand loyal, nor do I care what other people buy. I just want people to be successful with whatever machine they use! Good luck!
 
Oh depth isn't a big problem with the CTX but it doesn't like high mineralization ground at least in the couple spots that I've tried one being an old train depot... Just looks like the Tarsacci might be able to squeeze out a little more depth
 
I have detected with the machine on a lot of mineralized ground. With the salt, black sand and sensitivity features, I can handle almost any type of dirt.
 
Can you "scrub" the wet salt sand without any falsing?
 
Can you "scrub" the wet salt sand without any falsing?

You can’t totally eliminate falsing, regardless of the machine, but with that said, once you get the machine dialed in, it won’t false much and not much EMI if at all...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom