anyone here dealt with dirtybird

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadJack

Sep 13, 2004
West central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 440 & 540,Explorer II,SE Pro,Whites Eagle II SL 90,Wilson R & C II,Millennium Baron and Compass 77 auto legend project
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told this individual is bad news! If this person wants to buy something from you...wait until you see payment in the form of Paypal or USPS money order. If it's a trade...I wouldn't accept it. Just my two cents,but something I've observed.
Is this individual located in either Arkansas or Oklahoma? Is the last name 'LAMB'? I'd stay away from him at all cost! >:(

BERT

Jun 23, 2008
Detector(s) used
Etrac--G2--GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys & Gals---You just CAN'T be too careful in dealing on the forums.---Know something about the individual you are dealing with (ESPECIALLY on large transactions).---Check their past posts (that tells a WHOLE LOT) about an individual.---Get their phone # (if need be) and talk to them over the phone (again, especially on large transactions).---If they aren't willing to give you their phone #--that's a BIG red flag, right there.---Ask them pertinent questions (regarding the item(s)--if they are evasive or "ignore" certain of your questions---IT'S "BACK OFF TIME"----I think a good friend of mine said it best---"follow your gut instincts"---if you're uncomfortable, uneasy or it "just don't seem right"---don't pursue it any further.--You will sleep better at night!---There's no need to be paranoid--just be careful.----I'm speaking mostly of high dollar items (purchases) & with "untried & untested" people.----Most all (both old & new members) are good, honest people---BUT--there IS that rotten apple that "sneaks" into the barrel on occasion (both on the buy & sell end)---If you don't believe this, go read the feedback sections on the various forums.----Bottom line--know at least SOMETHING of the person you are dealing with--don't be pressured into ANYTHING & above all, be comfortable (at peace) with yourself over the transaction. :thumbsup: -------Del

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
totally agree with both of ya.. well said as well.

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey,

I am currently dealing with him on my V3. He has stated he has sent payment by MO but I am still waiting. I still have my detector with no plans to send out until I have received payment. He has kept good communication though through the forum and he seems like an ok guy so far.

CB

MadJack

Sep 13, 2004
West central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 440 & 540,Explorer II,SE Pro,Whites Eagle II SL 90,Wilson R & C II,Millennium Baron and Compass 77 auto legend project
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is where I found my information.

Dirty Bird = Terry Lamb ...

William Lee (Corpus Christi, Texas)
Date: Tuesday, 11 May 2010, at 10:20 a.m.

Just a heads up to those that know Terry Lamb and what he is.

He just offered to buy a detector from me using the name Dirty Bird.

Dirty Bird = Terry Lamb
William Lee (Corpus Christi, Texas) (24.243.121.243) -- Tuesday, 11 May 2010, at 10:20 a.m.
Also heard he was going by dirtfarmer
Steve in OK (67.61.130.4) -- Wednesday, 12 May 2010, at 6:45 p.m.

BERT

Jun 23, 2008
Detector(s) used
Etrac--G2--GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UH OH--NOT GOOD!----Thanks for the "heads up" MadJack.------Del

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
let the "name" be a hint -- "dirty bird" --- humm doesn't that sound trusty worthy to you? stop & think.

if in the least doubt -- get "money in hand "-- before shipping items out.
and do not "pay upfront" unless you really know / trust the person and or have checked them out very very well. ---but hey its your money , do what you like.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:sign13:

Let's Hold of on the Judgements here till
CRACKBADGER Tells us what happened
with His Deal Please .

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya, hes kept good coms and you guys just made him nervous. Lets see how this transaction goes. Unless someone has some real negative experiences don't bash any please. Lets all remember the tongue is like wildfire, spreads fast and careless. I was banned from that same site as well as many others if you simply do a search for nothing at all. He had stated I was hiding behind a proxy although I wasn't but was later added again after like 100 emails to the moderators. Overall I know you guys are just providing support which everyone here is good at and we are just trying to support eachother! Ill let you know how it goes!

Thanks guys!

CB

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Willee said:
jeff of pa said:
:sign13:

Let's Hold of on the Judgements here till
CRACKBADGER Tells us what happened
with His Deal Please .

Can we judge him by his past actions?
Can the other people he scammed judge him?
Will he make one good trade to set up three bad ones?
We see all the good guy posts ... shouldn't we be allowed to at least warn others when a bad apple comes here and starts dealing?

Willee

There is enough Posts here about Mr. Lamb.

I Stand by my Decision.

This thread is Done & Locked
till CRACKBADGER Requests I Unlock
so he can Respond.

Any Future posts on TNet about Mr. Lamb
must be From Persons Involved, Not
Bystanders Opinions.

JEFF

As far as "dirtybird " If anyone has Expierence
with Him, Please Contact Bootybay Directly.

Unless you had a Bad Expierence Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions