Groovedymond

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to say Good Luck to you all this weekend. I hope that everyone finds some great stuff and I look forward to all of the pictures!

Great luck to you all!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Thanks wish you could come, thanks again for the start of the post! Will have tons of pictures for you, hopefully not all junk. Okay if it is, still going to be a ball the anticipation is awesome!

OP
OP
Groovedymond

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The anticipation is killing me.. how did you guys make out?

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Well Groove, I met some of the nicest people I ever met, and have wonderful new friends. The day was absolutely beautiful, a little cool in the morning but warmed up nicely. The color was great with the foliage along the river. One of the foundations was still pretty thick, Cubfan and I were the only ones to venture in but not for long, I came out bleeding from the prickers, but got a neat tiny little bottle, and a squashed bucket. There were 6 of us in all including the 9 year old chatter box that thought every find was a perfect treasure.
What we found was enough junk metal to build a tank, enough bullets to defend our country, enough nails to build a building to house our prisoners, a chain to chain them up with, we can use my bucket to bring the food, and Big Foots toe nail clipppers to keep their nails trimmed. Oh and 50 cents to buy supplies with. Lara found the supply pipes to have water pumped to our prison. I found a socket to a wrench to do repairs with. The cool buckle harness piece we are not sure what we could use it for. Lara should put that on what is it, maybe we can find a use.

We did have a great day and I will post pictures later, did not want to keep you waiting any longer.

We all would like to do it again in the spring so let's do some research and get together again!!!!

OP
OP
Groovedymond

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds awesome! Seems you guys are fixin to make your own town, eh?? hmmm... that would be pretty interesting.. lol..... what would the rules be? No detecting in the nude?? LOL....

I live in the north shore area (north of boston) and there are a lot of areas here we could try. I will have to do more research. Let's plan for spring..... getting a tad chilly.

Thanks for the update! Glad everyone had a great time!

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, couldn't have put it better myself. It was an awesome day, everyone from TNet was terrific, and Country Girl is a phenomenal hostess and guide! She is already working on next year, but in the meantime, we were thinking of getting together again for a beach hunt (no frozen ground) before it gets too cold - anyone closer to the coast have any ideas?
Kim, I just sent you a PM. I will post my finds later, forgot to bring my camera's USB cable to work.
Lara

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
im sorry i missed out i had to work if you all get together again let me know. i might be able to get on a ten acre woods that has been the target of other hunters who believe a cannon from the revolutionary war was hidden loaded with plunder. near applachian trail near dalton mass. the story of this cannon can be found on the web. this property owner found two sets of rosary beads in side a hollow tree. when he clear cut the property in early 1970,s the beads dated to colonial period.which prompted mant treasure hunters to seek permission he only granted it to the u.s. government after recieving 500 dollars per hole they dug which they dug ten. the holes can still be seen today but very grown in. the told him that they were searching for gas deposits. the treasure hunters told him about the cannon. from an old treasure map based out west i seen where rosary beads were placed in a hollow tree which formed a corner of a large triangle. consisting of rock carvings at the other two points. from that point you would see a cave opening. so i asked the owner if he had caves which he does. so i have been trying to find time to get up there. hes willing to let me in and do whatever i want as far as metal detecting goes. just a thought . kidd

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kiddrock33 said:
im sorry i missed out i had to work if you all get together again let me know. i might be able to get on a ten acre woods that has been the target of other hunters who believe a cannon from the revolutionary war was hidden loaded with plunder. near applachian trail near dalton mass. the story of this cannon can be found on the web. this property owner found two sets of rosary beads in side a hollow tree. when he clear cut the property in early 1970,s the beads dated to colonial period.which prompted mant treasure hunters to seek permission he only granted it to the u.s. government after recieving 500 dollars per hole they dug which they dug ten. the holes can still be seen today but very grown in. the told him that they were searching for gas deposits. the treasure hunters told him about the cannon. from an old treasure map based out west i seen where rosary beads were placed in a hollow tree which formed a corner of a large triangle. consisting of rock carvings at the other two points. from that point you would see a cave opening. so i asked the owner if he had caves which he does. so i have been trying to find time to get up there. hes willing to let me in and do whatever i want as far as metal detecting goes. just a thought . kidd

Sounds like a good thought to me! If we can get something together yet this fall that would be super - if not, we have all of 2007 and beyond :)

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,
I put a post in the new "Member Hunts" board, come on over!
Lara

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Cubfan64 said:
kiddrock33 said:

Sounds like a good thought to me! If we can get something together yet this fall that would be super - if not, we have all of 2007 and beyond :)
Let me know, may have to play hookey, but should be able to go.
Kim

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kiddrock33 said:
im sorry i missed out i had to work if you all get together again let me know. i might be able to get on a ten acre woods

sounds good to me, too! Please keep us posted, Kidd!
Lara

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
MA_Hunter001 said:
Hey guys,

Hows's treasure hunting?? I'm from MA too, right near the worcester area... :)

MA_Hunter001
Frozen! Not much digging going on around here. Lara is near worcester, I am near Greenfield, on the Vt, NH boarder. Anything going on in your area? Welcome!

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MA_Hunter001 said:
Hey guys,

Hows's treasure hunting?? I'm from MA too, right near the worcester area... :)

MA_Hunter001

Hi there - it's closing in on that time of year where it looks like the only places I can hunt will be the ocean beaches after a big storm. The ground is already starting to get solid and the small ponds/lakes are gonna be freezing up soon as well.

My big goal for this winter is to research - research - research so I have some good places to go in 2007.

Nice to meet you though - I'm up in SE NH - Londonderry

garrettman64

Nov 8, 2006
mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 pro & Whites Classic SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shrewsbury mass here, I like to travel and make new friends and get to know persons whom love this hobby as much as me, I Look foreward to messages and emails and meeting new friends.

God Bless My New Found Friends & Merry Christmass & Happy NewYear

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
i would love to go on the next one with you all ;D so sorry that i miss this one :-[

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread