Anyone here?

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good for you, groovedymond. I should have taken some initiative, but am always incredulous that "Massachusetts" is never bolded (no new posts). I'm in Worcester. I've lived here since December, and been MDing for about a month and a half. We should try to get some people together for a group hunt.
Lara

OP
OP
Groovedymond

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to hear from you. In all actuality.. i've been waiting to buy a detector myself but have been dying to buy one after reading all of the great things on this site. I have access to borrow a cheapie.. but would eventually like to get a nice one.

A group would be great... I know of a lot of great places in NH where there were old houses and such that are long gone.

Anyone reading this? Anyone interested in a group?

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings - I guess I sorta qualify as Massachusetts since I work there but I live in NH :-). I thought maybe we could get some action going on the NH page, but it's gotten mighty quiet there. I've gotten back into detecting this year after being away from it for a long time and I'm hooked again! Being fairly new to the NE US, I don't know alot of places to go so have spent most of my time doing beach hunting (plus my detector is primarily a water detector anyways), but I'm always up to try new places.

Fall is a great time to go detecting, so if some of you have an idea of an area to try I say we give it a shot!

OP
OP
Groovedymond

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of NH are you from? Southern... seacoast.. mountains... lakes regions?

WormtownHunter

Jun 14, 2006
Worcester, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70 Pro
Another Mass hunter here too. WormTownHunter (Barry). I'd love to join up and form a group for next season!
I live in Worcester also, like Lara.

IT'S GREAT TO SEE OTHERS HERE FROM MASS!

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Groovedymond said:
What part of NH are you from? Southern... seacoast.. mountains... lakes regions?

I guess that might have been nice of me to tell eh? :-P I live in Londonderry, so SE NH - for a good detector hunt, I'm willing to drive anywhere :-)

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
western mass here i would travel also. ct vt nh mass ny all easily accessed by me. my area has many potential sites. one near dalton has the possibility of a hessian cannon filled with valuables. plus many others. kidd

OP
OP
Groovedymond

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay.... so... we are all in agreeance that it would be a blast to detect together. Time to pick a spot. Something that is

1. historically interesting (older the better)
2. accessable (meaning, no private property, or, if Private, permission granted)
3. large enough area to allow multiple people a chance to scan
4. convienient for everyone.

I was also thinking.. it would be a blast if we all pitched in a buck as a 'pool'. Whoever could find the oldest coin would win the pool? What do you guys think?

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds great to me! Having started detecting this spring and only moving out here from the midwest a couple years ago, I don't have much to offer as far as hunting site ideas sadly :-(.

Off the top of my head, if someone has or knows someone who has access to an old farm field or something, that might be a decent idea for a spot - lots of room to hunt, the field might be turned over after harvest this time of year, if it's an old established bit of property that would just add to the potential of finds.

As far as convenience goes, as long as it's planned enough in advance I'm more than willing to travel a few hours to get somewhere to hunt - it would be great to meet you all and have a good time hunting together for a day.

I'll try to think of some places that might work - let's throw some ideas out there and see what sticks.

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in, and I'm going to pass this along to my friend Mike, from another forum, and see if he's interested.
Lara

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Well.........I live in the boonies of western mass, there is a farm house that burned (I'll get exact date) foundation is all that is left, It is in the middle of old corn fields (may be cukes now, always be the corn fields to the locals). The fields are boardered by the conn. river (yes kidd right across froms cpt kids island) there is an old dump that is somewhat burried that was used by the locals for many years. My husband says there is another foundation that may have been a barn. I have only hunted it once and with an impatient 9 year old and we had a ball, trying to go again this weekend. The foundation was overgrown and the boy was getting scratched so we skipped that. Been itching to get back there but I hate to go alone being a dumb ol girl. Acres and acres of fields with dirt roads running through and along the river. We found a horse shoe nails still intact, a large piece off of a hayer, lots of bullets, and some cool stuff at the dump to big to bring home. Just an idea, I live about 1hr 45min straight up rt 2 from worcester.

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Country Girl,
That sounds great! I know what you mean about going by yourself - I was saying to someone recently: "I'm not afraid of being alone in the woods; I'm afraid of not being alone in the woods".
Do you have/could you get permission to hunt the site? Sounds like a good lead.... :)
Lara

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Love the woods, go out all the time, not afraid of critters, it's the flakes driving around the back roads. I am sure it won't be a prob, owned by some polish farmers I know. They will think I'm nuts asking! State owns along the river,people camp and party there sometimes, first date with the hubby was watching the sunset there. No houses for 1/2 mile in all directions (or better). Sounds like fun to get a group together.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds like a perfect place to get together! I don't mind the weeds and stuff, and old farmer's fields can be full of all sorts of things - the nice thing too is that you don't have to be extremely careful digging like you would in a park or manicured lawn or anything - as long as you refill your holes, the farmers don't usually mind.

The fall is such a nice time to be outside too!!!! Keep us updated if you can, and hopefully we can make a day of it soon.

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Love the woods, go out all the time, not afraid of critters, it's the flakes driving around the back roads.

That's exactly what I meant.
It sounds like a great place! When might you want to go? Anything I can do to help?
Lara

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Alrighty then loooks like we have a group. Have a couple other ideas if your up for it around here. This place is full of history. We need a date take a week day off in next 7 weeks? I work every other Sat (probably wiggle out of it) almost any sunday. Let's go for it worst case is we have an awesome day in the country and make new friends!!!!!!!!!

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely sounds interesting! I've always been interested in finding arrowheads as well, so that's near to know.

As far as a date and time - I can be free most any weekend (Sat or Sunday) and I'm taking vacation time the week of Oct. 16-20 and just hanging around home with the wife trying to get a bunch of odd tasks done that we've been putting off. If I'm really nice to her, I bet she'd let me take one day off during that week ;)

I love fall weather and I can't think of a better way to spend a beautiful fall day then out detecting a potential hot spot!

Can you give me a local city around you there so I can mapquest it and get an idea of how long it will take me to get there?

Looking forward to it.

(paul)

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yay! I could do weekends 10/14-15, 10/28-29 or after that. I might also be able to take a weekday, with advance notice. What about everyone else?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions