Anyone in the Bellingham/Blackstone MA area?

elemerica

Jan 26, 2010
Bellingham, MA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems like this forum is pretty slow, would be nice to get it going and people posting regularly with finds, leads, group hunts etc.

I'm fairly new here, and to the hobby, so I guess a quick (or not so quick) introduction is in order. As a young kid my uncle would bring me boxes of old(er) random coins he had found; the boxes were pretty large and had all sorts of coins from pennies to quarters to half dollars etc. Pretty sure he picked out most of the key dates and rare coins, but he left me plenty of Indian Heads, Mercury Dimes and other older coins as well.

All those coins really piqued my interest in detecting and my parents had bought me a simple Garrett detector (I think a Freedom Ace Plus), which I only used for a short time. I was to young to really enjoy the hobby where I was (Virginia). I had no local sites I could get to myself, was quite far from the beach and found nothing of interest in our yard or the woods behind. I had lost interest in the hobby for quite a long time, 15 years or so.

Recently I had a sudden urge to get back into detecting and did quite a bit of research into what detector would fit me good for and ended up purchasing a used Tesoro Tejon from a member here on TNet. Purchased in early spring (late Fed/early March) and only had the time to use it around the yard. Found some clad and a couple random pieces, nothing great. I've recently tried to make some more time to get out and hunt; mostly woods hunting and haven't found anything great ... yet. Lots of shot gun shells and some other random stuff; no old coins or relics :(

Recently asked the owner of a local farm that dates back to the early 1700s for permission to hunt, but was denied. I'd really like to hunt there and see what kind of history is hiding under the ground, so I will try again next year, maybe he will be in a better mood then :laughing7:

That was a bit longer than I had planned, but that's OK. Always looking for someone to hunt with and new places to detect. Feel free to email me @ md.paulm{at}gmail(dot)com.

OP
OP
E

elemerica

Jan 26, 2010
Bellingham, MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not very talkative here, huh? :( 20+ views and no replies :(

backcast

Greenie
Sep 22, 2010
elemerica, I had almost given up on this section of the forum. I live in Norfolk, and like you, am new to this. I have been able to get out to several locations in the area and have found some interesting stuff. If you want to hook up, as long as the ground is not frozen, I can usually get out most weekends.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Im close to the area..
I have been looking for places to hunt in that area..
Do you have any woods we can hunt..
As long as there is leaves on the ground you can hunt it year round..
John

OP
OP
E

elemerica

Jan 26, 2010
Bellingham, MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, there is life here after all!

I'm usually busy during the winter, and don't care to much for digging in the cold. :wink: Once things warm up though, I'm looking forward to getting out with the new AT Pro. There is a place I'd like to stop by off of 1A, in Norfolk. I drive by it regularly and it looks like an old stone foundation, a bit north of the 115/1A intersection.

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know this topic was posted years ago, but anyone still tracking this thread? I grew up in Bellingham.

OP
OP
E

elemerica

Jan 26, 2010
Bellingham, MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still lurk around, a bit surprised to see my topic back up here :)

I bought an AT Pro shortly after they were released and have barely used it since. I'd love to get out some more once the weather warms up a bit.

sp1173

Feb 26, 2011
Quincy, MA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Not really close. But I just.. I guess downgraded to an AT Pro. But upgraded with the ability to get soaking wet.
I'm in Quincy. I went out a few hours so far since christmas trying to learn the machine in hopes of totally enjoying myself in the warm weather. It performs pretty well so far. I'd like a smaller coil for trashy areas.
My number if interested 617-594-3053 text
Email [email protected]
Scott

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys my names chris I'm pretty close to u guys I also recently got back into the hobby myself & just looking to get out with a,couple people or what not looking for a couple good spots to go out & see what we can come up with I'm in the north attleboro area so if u ever looking for a partner for a day some company on a hunt I'm up for it drop me a email my email is [email protected] have a good day

Joescollection2012

Apr 5, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys my names chris I'm pretty close to u guys I also recently got back into the hobby myself & just looking to get out with a,couple people or what not looking for a couple good spots to go out & see what we can come up with I'm in the north attleboro area so if u ever looking for a partner for a day some company on a hunt I'm up for it drop me a email my email is [email protected] have a good day

Hey there, also in the Attleboro area shoot me a message if you want to get a hunt going some time

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Has anyone here been out lately

OP
OP
E

elemerica

Jan 26, 2010
Bellingham, MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anyone here been out lately

After collecting dust for nearly a year, my detector got swung for a bit recently. Met a new friend thanks to a new hobby and he gladly gave me permission to hunt in the ~25 acres of woods behind his house. Went back there and found what I believe is an old (very old) stone foundation. Unfortunately it needs to be dug out as it has collapsed in on itself. I started moving some of the rocks and can see the actual floor through the spaces now, but still a lot to go.

Here is a picture of it: http://i.imgur.com/b1kMnBs.jpg

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After collecting dust for nearly a year, my detector got swung for a bit recently. Met a new friend thanks to a new hobby and he gladly gave me permission to hunt in the ~25 acres of woods behind his house. Went back there and found what I believe is an old (very old) stone foundation. Unfortunately it needs to be dug out as it has collapsed in on itself. I started moving some of the rocks and can see the actual floor through the spaces now, but still a lot to go.

Here is a picture of it: http://i.imgur.com/b1kMnBs.jpg

Definetly a good looking spot thats mainly types of places i do hunt im more a relic hunter myself but do like coin shooting aswell

JeffA

Jun 13, 2019
RI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not a MD'er, but a gold panner if anyone in our area is into that. I'm on the MA/RI line. Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread