What's new

Anyone know anyone Missing in the Texas flood

Gare

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2012
Messages
13,412
Reaction score
30,238
Golden Thread
0
Location
Canton Ohio Area
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any way we can help ?
 
That's a bad mess, Gare. I have little doubt there will be many that are buried so deep
in that mud that they'll never be found.
 
Dizzy I tend to Agree with you
. I also wonder if there was some way they could track track
the missing peoples cell phones ? I wish there was some way i could help
 
The Red Cross and Salvation Army are both there and there are multiple GoFundMe pages. Use GoFundMe at your own risk, my brother gave to one of those once because he knew the person but it was a “mirror” fundraiser. That’s where scammers copy the text and steal the picture and make an identical fundraiser to the legitimate one. He did get his money back but it took a little time.

The family I babysit for is affluent and I trust their judgement and they gave to an organization called Community Foundation of the Texas Hill Country (I just confirmed the name). It is apparently legit, they help charities in the area, do scholarships, etc. I trust them enough I gave them a few dollars to pitch in with theirs.

But most of what I’m giving is going to Ruidoso, I have family and friends there and they also had a flood.
 
Got a second home owner buddy from down in Texas who shops with us all the time he's up here and we were talking about that last night. He's camped in that area himself. He said he's gettin calls from friends who have folks lost there, and he didn't know what to do or say. One thing we agreed on, this ain't the time for throwin blame and accusations about who did or did not do what. And yeah, they probably won't recover all the missing folks. GirlWithWolf has some good info there on how to help out I believe.
And be careful about vultures tryin to make a buck off of a tragedy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom