What's new

Anyone know of ways for a 15 year old to make money?

jlb783

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2008
Messages
448
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Outback
I just want a little spare cash and I can't get a job anywhere because I'm only 15.
 
If you have room, plant pumpkins in the spring and sell them in the fall. I do this every year and make pretty Good money. It does not take much time so you can scout for other opportunities. Good luck!
 
get into the scrap ..................ez money
 
A newspaper round could earn you "abit" of cash, would fit into your school times also. Also some shelf stacking at a local store or supermarket if you have one nearby. Good Luck in whatever you decide.
 
If you're an A student in, say, math or English, you may be able to pick up a few bucks tutoring younger kids.

People just getting started with computers are often willing to hire teen tutors, too

Many elderly people need someone to take care of simple chores and errands that are no longer easy for them.

Finally, of course, there's always eBay— or if you're looking for a really quick fix, have a yard/garage sale.
 
Put an ad on craigslist, it's free, and offer your services to do odd jobs to help folks out around thier house and yard. An ad in a local paper will work too, 7 or 8 bucks. There are a lot of elderly that need help all the time. Get permission from your parents to post your phone number and other info first. I don't know how populated the area you live in is but I'm sure you have a neighbor or two that could use a little help. I am almost 40 and I still mow yards and trim hedges in the summer for extra cash. The most important thing is that if you tell someone you are going to do something make sure you do it. Word of mouth will get you more jobs if you do good work. Good luck, Charlie
 
You could paint house numbers on peoples curb in front of there house. I would go to the door and ring the bell and say something like, were painting house numbers on the curb so fire and ambulance can find you at night and in an emergency, (old people love it) the cost is $10...then shut up and listen. You can get the stencils at home depot then go to the hobby shop and get the wood to make the stencil holder. You make an open rectangular frame hold against the curb and spray the white background then load the house numbers in the stencil holder you made and hit it with black, I made $850 in 4 days once while looking for a real job doing this but I had a car. If you do this don't be wishy washy when you go to the door, speak up, make eye contact and always "asume the sale"! Good luck!
 
Make some fliers up. State that you are looking to earn some pocket money and that you are willing to do various chores for a reasonable price. Weed gardens, wash cars, wash windows, mow lawns, or any odd jobs that someone may not want to do.

Put your telephone number and email address on it and pass them out around the neighborhood.

Good luck.

Ray S
 
As PBK suggested, hire on to help older people out in PC'ing. Keep it cheap, word gets around fast in that community, believe me. I only charge them milk and cookies or pot roast but I'm just doing it to help resolve a mid-life employment/career path crisis.

Any one of them that has had to call one of the funny vehicle nerds will happily throw some cash your way. I'm making the assumption that you have some browsing/email setup and operational skill, because of your age. Most common complaints are:
Speed and connection problems- spyware and bugs from the endless commercial downloads they do. Learn to use cleaning programs and security software, and get to know the restore functions and parameters

Application-specific issues with mail programs and photo programs- You don't need to know every program specifically, just where the help files are and the techspot.com site to look up similar jams and fixes.

Hardware setups- so common among those who have used one of the nerd crew services. I've found countless units with boards not fully inserted or motherboards unseated. The state of techno-fixes in this day is incredibly poor.

It's tedious, because you will get new holes in your ear if you listen while you work and do not think to hear what's being said. Because what's being said is from aged participants in our common lifestyle and they can have very useful info for the future treasure hunter or professional tech among us.
 
I would have to say to visit your local parks dept. of your city.
Life guard,concessions,landscapping,etc... relating to your local park.
State parks as well.
Animal shelters,zoos,farms.
Libraries,nurseries.

Ask a school counselor,teacher,parent,neighbor for leads.

Some of these jobs may be voluntary, but could be paying as well.
 
Thanks for all of the tips guys, I might try scrapping, mowing lawns, and helping people with computers. Any more tips are welcome and appreciated.
 
When 16 a friend and I did lawn mowing, raking, weeding, etc... for several elderly people. One day one of them asked us to paint his one stall garage. He supplied a couple of scrapers, brushes, primer, paint and had a couple of ladders. We had never painted and said we'd charge only $3.00 an hour each, which was basically minimum wage of the time. Most other painters were getting $12 - $15 an hour. By word of mouth the news quickly spread we did a decent job and we never stopped painting that summer. 2 garages, fences, and then even 2 whole houses. We were working 40 hours a week painting, on top of our other odd jobs. We thought we were rich and had one heck of summer!
 
Wished you lived near me, I have several odd jobs that I need done this summer and would gladly pay a teen to help me. Asked my friends son last year and told him how much I would pay and he said "no thanks." It wasn't hard work, I just can't do it all myself and would like some help. Another time I needed 20 pellets cut up, got a 19 y/o to help me, paid him $10.00 (that is all he would take), made sure he had something cold to drink and fed him supper.

I agree with the an other poster, once you start and do a good job, word of mouth will keep you busy all summer long. Good luck to you!

Sue
 
Gosh, I have been working since I was 13. Back then there was no work cards stuff for kids.
Mow lawns in summer. Throw snow in winter. Dig weeds. (an ad at local Feed & Seed store will help there for gardeners).
Planting and harvesting. Deliver newspapers. Detail cars (wash outside, vacuum inside, clean inside windows, etc.)
Catch & Sell nightcrawlers and other fishing bait. Make a worm farm and sell to fishers and gardeners.
Rob banks. Sell drugs. Become a prostitute. Sell blood and other bodily fluids.
TREASURE HUNT and find gold and jewely !
 
Cutting grass is the way to go. With spring on it's way, you can cut peoples lawn 3 times a month. I'd pay you 20 bones to cut mine. Washing cars is good, too. Never a shotage of chores for a hardworking feller. Good luck
 
If your 15, you might contact a local rancher-farmer,and ask to learn how to drive combines,tractors,feed trucks etc.Here in Oregon alot of kids your age do that for summer jobs.Good to hear your wanting to work,and learning work habits now will always stay with you.Everyone is a "Salesman",so go out and sell yourself to people and don't be afraid to try all types of work.Good luck Idig :thumbsup:
 
Thanks again guys.
 
One thing to think about is all the people in your area that will need the converter boxes set up when everything goes to digital. Many did not even know how to set their clock on a vhs player when they got one. You could be helping and make some money too---check with your parents first maybe let them screen the calls.

BE SAFE

Minstrel
 
nefarious means
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom