What's new

anyone know what these are?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of these stones are a coquina type stone that came from the same coastal site. They all have been altered from their natural shape..some more than others. Grinding is visible on all edges.

ForumRunner_20120905_095758.webp



ForumRunner_20120905_095923.webp



ForumRunner_20120905_100443.webp



ForumRunner_20120905_094523.webp
 
Upvote 0
It didn't stop there. It showed up in my P.M.'s also
 
These are just rocks to anyone who doesn't live in FL Every one of them is a tool, all found on one midden site. I am very happy that others did not "see" the artifact, just the rock. They did not see the wear/work. I did.

Tom, I’m happy you’re happy with finds that you interpret as tools due to their context, wear and work.

There may be some wear on those rocks but any other human modification is not real apparent.
Aside from your word concerning context what is the archaeological value of these specimens?

11KBP
 
I was referring to my items on my thread. Possible pottery tools. The value of those is ... considering the number of them in this one particular area,and the absence of them on the mainland..oh did I mention that it was an island site..that there may have been a sepprrate band inhabiting the island. I could tell everybody alot more about my region if anyone wishes. I have alot of experience doing more than picking up things.
 
Last edited:
...
 
Oh..ha sorry.
 
I like the pan. Looks like my display case. I did have a brown paper bag for an outside case until the last rain. Gotta find a new one!
 
I was wondering seeing the artifacts posted look to be smoothed by human hands that GB has posted...could they be preform pottery pendants? Pendants that arent drilled yet is my question?
 
No I have several of those. These are cochina rock.
 
I have a pottery paddle and it is larger than those. That is what I was told it was any way. Its made from stone.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom