DPBOB
Silver Member
- Joined
- Apr 12, 2006
- Messages
- 3,592
- Reaction score
- 264
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- DES PLAINES IL
- Detector(s) used
- AVATAR: MY Wife Saying....
"Your going Metal Detecting
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
SODABOTTLEBOB said:"It was found in Wheeling IL by an old 1 room school house long gone..."
DB BOB
I gotta believe you already researched the name of the school where you found the pin. If not, it might be worth looking into. Who knows, maybe some student dropped it on the playground one day back in the 1920's or 30's.![]()
Thanks.
SODABOB
This sure points in the right direction..Bramblefind said:Actually now that I think about it I saw a reference to a Sewing and Cooking achievement pin. So maybe it is a Sewing and Cooking Achievement pin.
I'll dig it up again...
This is from The Daily Herald (Chicago) June 4, 1929
![]()
Bramblefind said:thanks Breezie! I really hope someone can solve this one but it's quite the puzzle.
Bigcypresshunter - I copied the page by a screenshot. I do it this way - line up your view and hit the "print screen" button on your keyboard. Go to "Paint" and then "Edit" and "Paste" The screen view will show up in the Paint program and you can save it as a pic/.jpg. After that I usually crop it to edit out the screen edges.