DPBOB
Silver Member
- Joined
- Apr 12, 2006
- Messages
- 3,592
- Reaction score
- 264
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- DES PLAINES IL
- Detector(s) used
- AVATAR: MY Wife Saying....
"Your going Metal Detecting
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
That could be a possibility since they were founded in 1954...frogwizard said:ACSM.... American College of Sports Medicine? Just a guess.
You're right BigC, it's late and I was mixing the 2 alphabets together. There are 2 Greek letters: Pi and M for Mu. Everybody forget what I said . . .lol . . better yet, let me delete it. Thanks Big C, Breeziebigcypresshunter said:I guess I see the Pi but maybe I can learn something about the other letters of the Greek alphabet because I dont see them in this monogram.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigma
Are there any manufacturers marks on the back? Can we see what the back looks like?



ivan salis said:USMC -- compass 8 ways --N, ne, E, se, S, sw, W, nw

Breezie said:I have 3 theories:
#1 There are 2 Greek Letters: the Pi and the M, which is Mu. There is a Pi Mu Fraternity for Computer Science, which would explain the CS. This frat is an academic fraternity and not a social one, which would explain the 'plain jane' looking pin. Most social fraternities/sororities have jeweled 10K pins.
#2 Using the one Greek letter of Pi, maybe it is a MATH & COMPUTER SCIENCE club named 'Pi,' which would be a dandy name for a math club, and the "M" stands for Math and the CS for Computer Science.
#3 My third theory is the pin is upside down, and it reads: WSU which would be Washington State Univer. or Wayne State Univer. or any other college or club with those initials.
Theory #2 makes the most sense to me. Breezie
SODABOTTLEBOB said:Last-ditch Effort
It's got to the point where I feel like that kid, Kevin, in the movie "Home Alone,"
where he says, "I'm eating junk food! Somebody better come and stop me!"
The junk food I'm referring to is the slim possibility of the M and other letters being connected to musicial notes? I know, you don't have to tell me not to go away mad, but to "Just go away!" I'm doing that right now! And as for my Magdalen College theory, it's still in the works, but looking less likely by the second! A guy just can't get any respect these days! That is unless it's a Magdalen College School merit badge for someone who was a math geek and who was also a member of the band/chior?
Thanks.
Respectfully,
Bob
This goes along with my #2 theory:5woodluther said:AMSC is used to designate "Applied Mathematics, Statistic, and Scientific Computation" in the university programs. Could be possible that it is from a society for the major from a college , then the A looking like Pi would make some sense as well.