What's new

Anyone know what this is

metal.mulisha

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2012
Messages
57
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
image-530430078.webp



image-2346178322.webp
 
op looks like a Chinese coin and the bottom is a tag or label from an old Crosley refridgerator or freezer.
 
Upvote 0
I agree with the above. Someone on here can probably help you date the Chinese coin.
 
Upvote 0
The coin needs to be cleaned just a little. I cant see it. My wild guess is 1736-1796.

Also my guess at proper rotation of the coin
 

Attachments

  • chinese mulisha.webp
    chinese mulisha.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 297
Upvote 0
Looks almost like (the bottom character has an extra line going to the left of it):

Emperor SHEN TSUNG
AD 1573-1619



chis1185.jpg
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello MM, The coin is called a cash (sp?). Different marks are for different emperrors. They are not real rare, but still a great find. Back in the day the owner would have several sewn to a basket. (For a rainy day?) I even found one while I was digging a garden. TKC
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom