What's new

Anyone recognize this Eagle button UPDATED solved ! It is a Phoenix button !

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
2,220
Reaction score
904
Golden Thread
1
Location
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a cuff button found today It has a a regiment no 5 on the bottom but even though it looks like I would be able to read the inscription I cannot make it out even with a mag glass ! MaineRelic
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0959.webp
    IMG_0959.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0958.webp
    IMG_0958.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0965.webp
    IMG_0965.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 252
Re: Anyone recognize this Eagle button

Looks like a phoenix to me.
 

Attachments

  • needles.webp
    needles.webp
    68.1 KB · Views: 256
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • pict0075.webp
    pict0075.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 253
Upvote 0
Re: Anyone recognize this Eagle button

Tht's a nice find It looks to be a rare find too east of the Mississippi. I found this in the "Rubylane" link that IronSpike posted-
Of the 10 or so buttons that have been reported east of the Rocky Mountains, 3 have come from Virginia . Now this one from New Hampshire , I wonder where the next one will come from
Nice historical find from the Fur Trade era.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Anyone recognize this Eagle button

Tom in ca on here is the expert on the Phoenix buttons.Awesome find!!!!!
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Re: Anyone recognize this Eagle button UPDATED solved ! It is a Phoenix button

Huh! I am a fur trade geek, and never saw one of these!!!! :headbang:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Anyone recognize this Eagle button UPDATED solved ! It is a Phoenix button

Lucas said:
Huh! I am a fur trade geek, and never saw one of these!!!! :headbang:
They were more of a trade item for the Indians,on the Colombia River,and seem to pop up in Mission period sites of Calif as well.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom