What's new

Anyone tell me what this one is???

Rosco Bookbinder

Full Member
Joined
May 26, 2007
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250. Are there others?
I posted these pictures on another post but wanted to get this more notice so check it out. Found it in a box today. It's a 71 S but totally mirror with no frost. Any ideas??? I put the 72 S next to it to compare........
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0814.webp
    IMG_0814.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0817.webp
    IMG_0817.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0821.webp
    IMG_0821.webp
    20 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0822.webp
    IMG_0822.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_0814.webp
    IMG_0814.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0817.webp
    IMG_0817.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_0821.webp
    IMG_0821.webp
    20 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0822.webp
    IMG_0822.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 272
Upvote 0
Must have come from Arizona cause I got a half dozen with frost here in CO. I know everybody hates a smarta$$. Not a coin guy sorry, HH Mark
 
Looks like a proof coin to me. Go to ebay and do a search for Kennedy Proof and you will see a bunch like yours.

Happy Hunting,

Scott (Mid-Mich)
 
It's difficult to tell from the pics, but I say it's probably a proof, but there is an offchance that it is plated. Same weight? Do the rims look the same? Does the mirror finish look the same or similar to the mirror finish on the other proof? I like Scott's advice to do any ebay search and compare pics.
 
Scott (Mid-Mich) said:
Looks like a proof coin to me. Go to ebay and do a search for Kennedy Proof and you will see a bunch like yours.
Happy Hunting,
Scott (Mid-Mich)

Thing is I have 15 other proofs I have found. They ALL have frosty heads like my windshield in February (or snow covered...). This one is totally shine front and back. It may be a proof (S mark says it should be) but I am just curious as to why it's so much different. Maybe not that big a thing but I don't know about errors and such.........
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom