What's new

Anyone thinking about Morrel hunting

mlayers

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
5,579
Reaction score
429
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is getting close to that time of year when the Morrels will start popping up. A different type of treasure here. I have never found many but I usually get a meal of them for the year fix......Matt
 
I plan on a huge haul this year!!!

I set-up a co-worker w/ a great MD buy/deal...so in exchange he's taking me to one of his 'special" morel spots in SW lower Michigan:)

Just think a 1oz bag of dried morels go for 39.00. according to one on-line source:)
 
Are these mushrooms.
 
can hardly wait for them to come up in my area in Michigan.
 
Always set my sights on Mothers day in northern lower Mi.
 
Ok taxastee2007 have you ever bought from that place and dose it work. Would love to have my own morrel patch in my back yard....Matt
 
the first few weeks of temps. staying above 70 degrees over night in your area is when the morrell season begins. they sell to the food co ops in my southern minnesota area for about 35 bucks a pound wet.
 
Go out every year and get way more than we can eat. Usually supply some of the older folks in town and then give the rest away. Funny thing never seem to have a hard time giving them away though.

Some years we have them by the truck load and others they are quite elusive.

HH,

Dave
 
Sounds like you all do pretty good on the Morrels. If any one would like a tag along I would like to come along and see if I could get a couple of meals of them. As I don't find many here maybe enough to make a meal....Matt
 
Do they grow in Phoenix, Arizona?? ???


Thanks

Cachefinder
 
patience is a virtue. Guess I'm not virtuous!! I just keep lookin.
 
These are soooo gooood ;D

Enjoy the show
 

Attachments

  • As I contemplate the universe.webp
    As I contemplate the universe.webp
    41 KB · Views: 236
OPUS1 said:
These are soooo gooood ;D

Enjoy the show

Fly Agaric or (amanita muscaria) Psychoactive Amanitas are mushrooms which contain the psychoactive chemicals ibotenic acid and muscimol. They have a long history of use in Asia and Northern Europe. They are best known for their distinctive appearance (bright reds and yellows with white spots). Be careful though Amanita Muscaria has hallucinatory properties, and while venomous, it is not really too dangerous (cases of death from ingestion are extremely rare).
 
I'll be going,I always have to repeat traditions like this every year along with other types of outdoor traditons. I found a good place just last year but noticed it was logged in October,I figure it ought to be good for at least this year ??
 
I've always threatened to get into the mushroom game, but haven't. Chicken, I guess. I'm in NE Louisiana. Do those good things grow here? Morrells? Are they tasty? Any tips? I live in 90 acres with lots of shrooms in the woods. Just always scared to pick, pluck any. Any good books for this area? Y'all are making me hungry! - Noodle
 
You should be careful mushroom hunting. People might know you have a detector in your car and that might make us look bad. People rooting around on SOMEONES property and taking mushrooms!!!! The hobby might not recover. I would forget all about mushroom hunting. It can lead to nothing but trouble. We as a THing society dont need the grief.
 
I was researching this yesterday and trying to find out if they grow in CT. Can anyone tell me?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom