gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like Garrett "borrowed" a few features from the TRX?

Nope, the Minelab Pro Find has had adjustable sensitivity and the ability to turn off the sound since it's introduction way before the TRX came about. Also the "lost" warning beep. I wish the new garrett had color options like black or camo, I dislike things that bring attention to myself. I don't really understand how folks lose a pin pointer anyways, I have never left mine behind, seems like one has to be in too much of a hurry to do so.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one, And so far I can say it is a nice improvement to the original. The 2 issues I had with the original look to have been addressed. One was falsing when you pushed it through the plug hard and second was the latching power button. It is easy to adjust and has been working fantastic for me. I also have a TRX and this pointer is way better.. Funny thing is I have not even used it in water.

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, and I find it to be a marked improvement over the original.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I expect some hunters are going to take it swimming at beaches that are off limits to metal detecting from Memorial Day till Labor Day. Slow hunting scanning the bottom, but will collect recent drops like crazy.:thumbsup: Garrett Carrot.PNG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread