Anyone using the Sand Shark??????????????

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
I have had my Sand shark for three years and it has performed very well. I also have a ml excaliber 1000 and I use my Sand Shark instead of it whenever possible. Superior depth and sensitivity. Get a good magnet inside of your sand scoop because you will need it to pickup every little piece metal that the Sand Shark will detect.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scrooge said:
I have the Garrett Infinium LS and am considering switching to the Sand Shark. Suggestions,complaints, hints etc?????

I thought that Infinium was a good machine ? Curious why you want to switch. I have not used an infinium, but did watch the video, I think it makes too many noises. That's only a personal, and probably a picky thing.

Have used a sand shark for 2 years now (not done this year yet) There are no complaints what so ever. I like and truly believe this is a great machine. As far as complaints go I haven't heard of any, and I did read all the reviews on metaldetectorreviews.net.

Battery life = great
Depth = great, in Canada I have dug a loonie a full foot deep
Pinpointing = easy and spot on
Price = unbeatable for PI

If your considdering a sand shark, go ahead and get yourself one. I can recommend one with a clear consience and confidence.

Rick

This is the results from about 90 minutes with a SS (hope the pic. works)

Attachments

• aug22_09.JPG
    aug22_09.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 223

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used a Sand Shark in the past and it is a great PI. The Infinium LS is also very good and might have a advantage with it's two different tones to help id the target. Heck, if it makes a noise, dig..... Both can be adjusted to not sound off on some iron, but that loses sensitivity and depth for rings.

I assume you are hunting the saltwater beaches as you didn't say. Both these would be a great choice and are deep. The Sand Shark can be used with the Clean Sweep Coil which is 18 X 3 inches and makes short work of a lot of sandy beach for covering lots of area quickly.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread