Anyone with knowledge of safes?

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Desertdigger said:
I still have the book and its still $40 and it is the one that safe technicians and lawenforcement use and I can not put it on ebay or it would be long sold. I used it last week to open a 3'X3' floor safe set in concrete in an old service station site, Charged him $20 and a signed agreement for half of the contents, anybody what to buy my half of a 1930 Third Grade Reader and some very old coin wrapper tubes?

I'm interested in the book, if you're willing to sell it to anyone registered here. What's the copyright date on it? Bummer about the Third Grade Reader, but it's probably better than the readers used these days. Sell that to a homeschooling group that complains about how bad the public schools are. They might be able to compare what 3rd graders had to do then and compare it with what they do now.

DiggerDude101

Apr 19, 2005
Hey I'm with alot of the others. Just do it the way Jesse james would. "DYNAMITE" Blow it up!!!! Its alot more fun!!!! ;D :o ::) :P

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's something NOBODY has thought of. I'm ashamed of all you!!! And you call yourself treasure hunters!

Take a good solid look around the area where the safe is. Look everywhere, under desks, under built in bookcases, behind doors, on top of door molding, etc. This guy probably wrote that combo down somewhere within sight of that safe.

If you find it you won't have to do any of those things. ???

R

rusty nails

after looking @ coinshooters avatar for 1/2 an hour - (its my favorite) i have to agree - search for the way to get into first (than drill it) a hammer drill is rotary percussion - for drilling concrete / masonry or masonary - it may have regular high speed setting for drilling metal - a good carbide holesaw will fit directly over any mechanism - these run from 5.00 to 25.00 depending on size needed and if they come with a built in arbor or not w/pilot bit - use oil to lube the cutting surface - wear safety glasses and go for it - once you get passed the mechanism - it will either open or you can get some of the boys to shake it like a salt shaker and the stuff will fall out of the hole - or you can get the door open - by messing with whats left of the mechanism - this way you drill one hole - a sawzall after that can cut the hole bigger - for larger items - thats the reason they mount safes to the ground or in a wall - so it would be harder to do this to - this may be time consuming but not as hard as some may think - Leftbassplayer assumes no responsiblity for someones use of this technique - This is for novelty only -
and to solve the problem of a fellow - treasurenet member - the safe is said to be owned by the poster and Lefty believes this individual owns the safe - Use of this post illegally is strickly prohibited .
:P

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GEE LEFTY ;

I was going to start a new Buisness ;D

Desertdigger

Jul 15, 2004
Wickenberg , AZ
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,Tesoro Lobo ST, Gold Bug ,Minelab probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DiggerDude101 said:
Hey I'm with alot of the others. Just do it the way Jesse james would. "DYNAMITE" Blow it up!!!! Its alot more fun!!!! ;D :o ::) :P
Quick "Treasure hunt story" Local paper carried story about burglars hauling a safe from a local store out to a graveyard and sourounding it with a lot of dynamite and setting it off. Paper said: "None of the loot recovered"My buddy and I took off over there and went on a dirt road right behind the graveyard, we picked up bent dimes and Penny's, parts of watches and unidentified watch parts, etc, etc. Till we tired of it!! I don't know how much they used but the hole in the ground was BIG!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL DesertDigger

you just reminded me of a treasure tale here in PA

in 1927, a payroll car for the coal mines was blown up by 2 men. a large charge was used and the car and occupants were blown up. more then $27,000.00 was spread over an area of 700 feet. almost all of the greenbacks were recovered, but, $6000,00 in coin was left scattered in that area near WILKES BARRE, in the Vacinity of ESPE GAP.

Shure would have liked to see the robbers Expressions, & heard the conversation after.... "IF" they survived the blast. ;D

Desertdigger

Jul 15, 2004
Wickenberg , AZ
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,Tesoro Lobo ST, Gold Bug ,Minelab probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MiddenMonster said:
Desertdigger said:
I still have the book and its still $40 and it is the one that safe technicians and lawenforcement use and I can not put it on ebay or it would be long sold. I used it last week to open a 3'X3' floor safe set in concrete in an old service station site, Charged him $20 and a signed agreement for half of the contents, anybody what to buy my half of a 1930 Third Grade Reader and some very old coin wrapper tubes?

I'm interested in the book, if you're willing to sell it to anyone registered here.? What's the copyright date on it?? Bummer about the Third Grade Reader, but it's probably better than the readers used these days.? Sell that to a homeschooling group that complains about how bad the public schools are.? They might be able to compare what 3rd graders had to do then and compare it with what they do now.
OK I have the book back from loan. Here is some pictures. It has 138 pages and numerous illustrations , graphs and info sheets in it,condition excellent.Let me know if you want it. $40.00 post paid.

Attachments

• SAFE1.jpg
    SAFE1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 3,523

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's been months now without getting this thing opened. I guess we are all intrigued, but since you still haven't opened it, I'm not sure why you ask for help on this forum.

KenSFO

Aug 17, 2005
SF Bay Area, California
Hi guys,

I have to tell you guys that I actually joined this forum just to respond to this one thread.
I was amazed at the amount of misinformation it contained. Even the HOWSTUFFWORKS
site that was referenced isn't very accurate, and he at least did some serious research.
Even Alt.locksmithing is not a very good place to get reliable info on security matters as
the site is plagued by psychos and rumor-mongers who like to spread bad info.

I can't believe that it has taken more than six months of discussions on how to open a
Meilink Wall Safe and there are still no results. Talk about procrastination! :o

I usually manipulate these in less than 20 minutes. Even if I have to drill it
(and you actually know what you're doing) it doesn't mean that it destroys
the safe. Intact and functioning, a wall safe is cool, useful and saves you
from having to repair that wall. Destroyed, it is just inconvenient garbage.

JimiDPirate is correct, professionals won't divulge security compromising information
on an open forum or even over the phone to an unknown individual... and NO, not
even to the police, the FBI or G- Dubya, himself. We have reputations, licenses and
bonding to protect. Besides, that's why we make the BIG BUCKS for doing what we
love to do each and every day!

I can refer you to a professional safecracker or a general locksmith who specializes
in residential safe openings that's reasonably close to you (unless you live way out
in the sticks). Just drop me an e-mail. [email protected]

Here's a site where you can get reliable, non-security-compromising help on a lot of
physical security issues and locksmith topics:

http://www.clearstar.com/public/pubboard.htm

I hope I've been some help, maybe enough to get that guy off the dime... ;)

KenSFO

R

rusty nails

talk about taking the F out of Fun :P i dont think anybody on this forum was trying to turn his safe into junk - the guy asked for help and people tried to help him - if i asked a question on this forum on how to change a water pump on a 92 pontiac boneville i guarantee you somebody would help me out and i would get the tips and go from there. i doubt if i would print out the help and start wrenching on the water pump - i bet yah with some of the rumor mongering , psycho tips (your words not mine) he could have opened that safe - i know how to open anything - if you have the tools you can do it - no matter what it is - it was his safe (he said) so we took him for his word - and tried to help him out - i put my fist through (sp) the back window of a bmw once to save a locked in kid that was in full sun in 90 degree weather - (see his mom locked him and keys inside - and he was frying) i had the the tools a hard left - this was before cell phones and no way and no time to get ahold of a locksmith - LATER PSYCHO LBP - OH yah i love rumor mongererrrrrrs - :P

KenSFO

Aug 17, 2005
SF Bay Area, California
Oh, I thought he was procrastinating because he didn't want to damage it. That's different. Most of the methods suggested would work, given enough time and tenacity. I'll suggest a 14" diamond core drill... that should put the "F" back in fun.

R

rusty nails

diamond core huh ? - yah those are great for concrete - some of the better - more expensive hole saws would cut through that - even carbon blades on a jigsaw can cut 1/4 steel w/pilot holes and patience - thats what I AM TALKING ABOUT ! NOW GET SOME C4 AND BLOW THAT SOMINA #IOTCH UP - WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WITH A REBEL YELL - SHE CRIED MORE MORE MORE - LATER PSYCHO LBP ;)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CZ7922 said:
FYI - it is a wall safe and therefore takes up a 13" x 11" portion of my bedroom wall.? I would prefer to maintain the safe's functionality since it might affect my home's resale value.

DiggerDude101

Apr 19, 2005
Darn it

Put enough C4 on it to blow the side of the bedroom wall off the side of the house!.....Let's have some fun....... ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread