What's new

Anyone?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
No idea what this is.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0322.webp
    IMG_0322.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_0323.webp
    IMG_0323.webp
    9 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_0324.webp
    IMG_0324.webp
    12 KB · Views: 399
I would agree with the valve stem, bt it appears to be missing the inside pin which is odd :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Careful there are kids on this site :D
 
Upvote 0
Garibaldi, what's it made out of? It looks like the nipple to something very old which dispensed a liquid or ointment.
 
Upvote 0
Three in one oil did have a metal top like that several years ago and it had a twist on cap. Good guess. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Monty, I think we're going to find that it's a buit older than the 3 and one oil. The oldenst cans usually were squared off, as were the singer oil cans. This is not only rounded (perhaps so as not to damage the skin) but it seems to be made out of brass or maybe even pewter. It probably has a cap to go with it that this gizmo went through which accepted a gasket to hold it onto a can or bottle. You can see what may be gasket discoloration at this thing's base.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a Rivet head :P

SS.
 
Upvote 0
I'mnotsure what its made of. I have others that are bigger, but flattened out. I will try to post them. This one i dug in a field, the others I had found on the shore line with war of 1812 and civil war artifacts.
 
Upvote 0
These are a few more I had found in a different spot. One has some writing on it. It says LITE KWI. I think its KWI.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0384.webp
    IMG_0384.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0385.webp
    IMG_0385.webp
    13 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0386.webp
    IMG_0386.webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 288
Upvote 0
Garibaldi, I think when you turn those others over you'll find the remains of threading on at least the larger one, if not the others. The first one, as I said earlier, probably passed through an open cap to secure it to the vessel, syringe, etc. that held the liquid.
 
Upvote 0
Good id on the contents tirediron, especially since the company goes back to 1912. It makes sense now that these were lead, as something as caustic as blueing or cleaning agent would probably react to another metal?
 
Upvote 0
LITE KWIK - LITE KWIK -, No threads on the inside.
 
Upvote 0
Garibaldi, would it be a hassle to show the bottoms of the crushed ones? :icon_profileleft:
(if they're not threaded, then they were crimped around a tube or bottle)
 
Upvote 0
Insides.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0387.webp
    IMG_0387.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0388.webp
    IMG_0388.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0389.webp
    IMG_0389.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0390.webp
    IMG_0390.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0391.webp
    IMG_0391.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 265
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom