What's new

Anyone?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
No idea what this is.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0322.webp
    IMG_0322.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_0323.webp
    IMG_0323.webp
    9 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_0324.webp
    IMG_0324.webp
    12 KB · Views: 399
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Wow you seem to have figured it out Johnnyi. So the different sizes were for different containers?
 
Upvote 0
garibaldi, I would assume they were for different products as well. I guess on the shore line where garbage was once strewn, the lead is the last non-ferrous to rot away, and also the last non-ferrous metal to be plucked by detectorists over the years. That may be why it seems there are an unusual number of these.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you Johnnyi. You have solved most of my artifacts. I appreciate it. :headbang:
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Garibaldi, but we all help each other along as we stumble through the process of elimination. This was a fun one though and I learned a lot from it.

You know, I was just thinking another reason you found so many of these on the shore line. back in the old days when garbage was dumped at sea most of it would sink, the bottles and cans and things with no lids. These were sealed though, and the lead tops kept them "bottoms up' holding air, and I guess far more of them made their way back to shore before their cans rusted away.
 
Upvote 0
Makes sence Johnnyi.
 
Upvote 0
johnnyi said:
Garibaldi, I think when you turn those others over you'll find the remains of threading on at least the larger one, if not the others. The first one, as I said earlier, probably passed through an open cap to secure it to the vessel, syringe, etc. that held the liquid.
rush here I think they are of old army feild gun oilling cans i have seen them on the cans I think .
 
Upvote 0
Very nice Bigcy.
[/quote]rush here I think they are of old army feild gun oilling cans i have seen them on the cans I think .
[/quote]
Makes sence. I found them in an area that has a history of American Revolution, then War of 1812, then civil war trainning. So I'm sure there were army feild guns at one point there. I would like to see an image.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom