Apache of the Superstitions

They need to get this doucher and the rest of his gang outta office

The problem is there is no "THEY". WE are "THEY". And the way things are looking its going to take more than hoping one of our votes actually count (as opposed to the food-stampers who vote 5-6 times with impunity). Stats for October has the Feds borrowing 540mill PER HOUR...and they think thats sustainable.

Anyway this is supposed to be about Apache and the Superstitions. So I will shut up about govt insanity.

ok...what does any of the politica bs have to do with apaches in the superstition mountains....

Pippin is correct, please keep politics out of this forum.

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

T.H.,

I find it interesting that after asking us to " please keep politics out of this forum.", you immediately made a political statement.:o

Joe Ribaudo

Catus I posted no political statement unless your referring to my signature...

If you have issue handle it through PM as per our rules not on the forums.

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

Howdy Wayne,

Those carved steatite dog figurines got me to thinking if Native Indians had special breeds of dogs the way the Nez Perce developed the Appaloosa. It is something that had never crossed my mind. We will never really know since European dogs came and messed the gene pools.

The dog was the only domesticated animal used as a beast of burden by Native Americans. It is said that they really didn't have a pure breed, but maybe certain tribes culled with a purpose, just like with the Appaloosa.

We do have the American Indian Dog, but it really doesn't come from pure blood. Song Dog Kennels : The Founder Kennels for the American Indian Dog

Thanks to you and Don, I am now aware of this breed.

Homar

The concept of "the only good indian is a dead indian" was pretty common back then - especially in the Western states. There were certainly people who wanted to treat the Native Americans humanely, unfortunately they weren't always in the position to make that happen - too often it was the other folks who ended up "in charge," and the results rarely were good for the Natives.

What happened to the Natives was inevitable under the circumstances, and I think deep down most folks on both sides knew it.

It's interesting to look at a tiny little bible passage like "For the love of money is the root of all evil" and realize how true that is. Take it one step further and consider the 7 deadly sins (wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy and gluttony) and you can account for most every evil deed done by mankind.

It's a shame we don't do more as a country to make up for some of the wrongs we've done in our not so distant past.

Andrew Jackson was a politician and army general who defeated the Creek Indians at the Battle of Horseshoe Bend (1814), and the British at the Battle of New Orleans (1815). A polarizing figure who dominated the Second Party System in the 1820s and 1830s, as president he dismantled the Second Bank of the United States and initiated forced relocation and resettlement of Native American tribes from the Southeast to west of the Mississippi River. His enthusiastic followers created the modern Democratic Party. It all progressed from there. It wasn't about the Indians........they wanted the land.
Just like they wanted the fields worked by slaves.......didn't give a sh@t about the slaves .......they wanted the cotton and tobacco crops $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Last edited:

... It wasn't about the Indians........they wanted the land.
Just like they wanted the fields worked by slaves.......didn't give a sh@t about the slaves .......they wanted the cotton and tobacco crops $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"That which has been is what will be. That which is done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun."

Andrew Jackson was a politician and army general who defeated the Creek Indians at the Battle of Horseshoe Bend (1814), and the British at the Battle of New Orleans (1815). A polarizing figure who dominated the Second Party System in the 1820s and 1830s, as president he dismantled the Second Bank of the United States and initiated forced relocation and resettlement of Native American tribes from the Southeast to west of the Mississippi River. His enthusiastic followers created the modern Democratic Party. It all progressed from there. It wasn't about the Indians........they wanted the land.

You won't get an argument from me, although if one of your implications is that the Democrat party holds most of the blame I would say many politicians of the time as well as many of the pioneers and business owners fall in right there with them.

"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

Greed is a dangerous thing, and can be the root cause for many terrible deeds.

In no way am I laying the blame on the Democrats. We acted as one nation under god indivisible before we had to pledge it out loud. Majority RULES.:icon_thumleft:
L.C. Baker

"Greed is a dangerous thing, and can be the root cause for many terrible deeds."

You said it all with that statement. Although MONEY is not the root of all evil, it is what evil roots in.

ok...how did this invade the apache thread again?
from apache to salado is within bounds...but Andrew Jackson the man who brought us the trail of tears and other great an memorable atrocities, has no bearing on the apache in Arizona.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back