What's new

April 26th finds at a torn down house spot

Giant056

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
2,873
Reaction score
469
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Michigan
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't get any silver or gold but I got some keepers. The buffalo was a nice surprise in the condition it's in and the National Encampment souvenir really made my day. I got an navy looking button but it's got an iron back. I couldn't believe the condition of the coins at this place, I wish they were all like that.
 

Attachments

  • Apr26.1.webp
    Apr26.1.webp
    84.7 KB · Views: 239
  • Apr26.2.webp
    Apr26.2.webp
    65.3 KB · Views: 234
  • Apr26.3.webp
    Apr26.3.webp
    82.5 KB · Views: 236
  • Apr26.4.webp
    Apr26.4.webp
    52.3 KB · Views: 238
Excellent finds Giant. :icon_thumright: Love the Buffalo and Canadian coin. So what was the National Encampment? :dontknow:

HH
 
Michiganne said:
Excellent finds Giant. :icon_thumright: Love the Buffalo and Canadian coin. So what was the National Encampment? :dontknow:

HH
I'm not really sure Anne but I think it's got something to do with Veterans of the Civil war.
 
Giant056 said:
Michiganne said:
So what was the National Encampment? :dontknow:

HH
I'm not really sure Anne but I think it's got something to do with Veterans of the Civil war.

Thanks Giant. That's what I figured but wasn't sure. Neat relic!
 
Great stuff as usual Giant. You have a nose for the good stuff. That buff looks great.
 
WOW that encampment badge is awesome WTG!!!
 
Nice finds. I love finding G.A.R. relics. I'll bet that encampment was at philly because the badge looks like the top part of the liberty bell.

Wolverine.
 
Mich. Wolverine said:
Nice finds. I love finding G.A.R. relics. I'll bet that encampment was at philly because the badge looks like the top part of the liberty bell.

Wolverine.
It is here's a picture of one that's complete
 

Attachments

  • souvenir badge.webp
    souvenir badge.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 225
excellent recovery on the GAR badge Giant!! congrats big time on a very cool find, and good eye Wolverine :thumbsup: and man, that buff is in awesome shape.....WTG on some great digs! :hello2:
 
Alright Giant! That National Encampment Badge is an awesome find. Congrats on some nice looking coinage also. :icon_thumleft:
 
Nice hunt! That medal is awesome. Nice horn on that buffalo as well. :notworthy:
 
Sweet finds, thats a darn nice looking Buff, Congrats! :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom