What's new

APs Awesome Day!!!

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
3,059
Reaction score
22
Golden Thread
0
Location
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
AP's Awesome Day!!!

Went on a lil roadtrip today with Kent, the gentleman who lives next to the soccer field Ive been detecting fer a month or so. He took me to a small town called Blackfoot, hit a couple parks & we had a great day! I doubt many people have been hunting these parks cause we cleaned up on the clad! Kent is an older gent, railroad retiree, and he is one hell of a good detectorist, he got as much or more clad as I did & he just kept chuggin along long after I was wore down & ready to give up! I got 16 quarters, 22 dimes, 2 nickels (??) 47 pennies, 1 Shakies Pizza token, a pewter chess pawn, a dime flattened into a token & 2 rings (the gold ring & the sterling CTR ring). The other two cheapy rings I found last night with LQ & thought Id toss em in the pic. I found the Bully Dog plate in the grass, its a metal decal. The sterling ring is a Mormon CTR ring, Kent has found 28 of them over the years! The gold one appears to be stamped & plated but is sweet lookin.............LQ has laid claim to it. :( My new machine is smokin' hot & is a quarter/dime slayer and now Ive found 4 rings in two trips with it, realy am quite happy with it. Kent.........if you read this I want to thank you for a great trip & I know we will do it again before we're buried in snow! ;D

CTR rings as I understand, are given to or purchased by teenagers when they go on their 2 year missions. I have a Mormon friend who recently told me what CTR stands for but I cant remember, if anybody knows please post. :)
 

Attachments

  • 10-29-06 Blackfoot1.webp
    10-29-06 Blackfoot1.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,118
  • 10-29-06 Blackfoot rings.webp
    10-29-06 Blackfoot rings.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,113
Upvote 0
Re: AP's Awesome Day!!!

AP, truly the Mightiest! Nice haul! BullyDog is a custom performance truck parts maker. Keep searching!
 
Re: AP's Awesome Day!!!

Darn AP ! You hit a sweet spot for rings !! :o that necklace is getting heavier ! ;) ;D
 
Re: AP's Awesome Day!!!

Congrat's on the ring's AP....look's like you found another hot spot,nice job!!
 
Re: AP's Awesome Day!!!

AP blackfoot is a nice little spot. I've been hitting places in Idaho for a while. Of course all of my areas are underwater and will need scuba diving equipment. Maybe we can do some MDing in the area. Nice rings real nice!
 
Re: AP's Awesome Day!!!

Major congrats AP. THat is one awesome day. Great collection of very nice rings you found there, plus other goodies.

Postalrevnant
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom