Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
School is fast approaching so my posts will be limited. Here are a few of my better sales on ebay this week. I am still trying to learn the ropes. I think clothing will me my nitch, but I won't pass up anything!

1. Pair of women's Brazilian Designer Jeans. Paid $5.99 sold for $49.99

2. 7 for all Mankind women's jeans. Paid $2.00 sold for $22.50

3. Men's Ambercrombie & Fitch jeans. Paid $2.00 sold for $26.09

Total cost (without ebay fees) = $9.99
Total sold for = $98.58
Profit (again w/o ebay fees) = $88.59

I did find a reference Bible at Goodwill for $1 yesterday. This particular Bible has sold for $59.99 on ebay and I am hoping I snag at least 1/2 of that.

I attempted to upload pics, but I had a message of "error occured?"

Small potatoes, but it would be great if I could pay for our family vaction to Galveston this summer with my sales.
Happy Hunting,
apush

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those percentages are very good. When I started I for the most part cherry picked the better stuff to get numbers like that, but once I seen I could easily handle that amount of items per week I was able to increase sales by buying more stuff that I was willing to make less money on. There's a real benefit to having a store because you can hold out for a price as long as necessary, and do it at a minimal cost. That helps you buy much more and prevents you from breaking even. Just a matter of how much money you want to tie up.

PS: If the Bible sold for $59.99 why hope for half? Start at $39.99 and a buy it now for $49.99 sounds better to me.... even though it's still lower. A lot of people lose money because a small amount extra for the listing fee scares them off, and I used to be one of those people. But if spending an extra 50 cents, or even say you have to do it three times and it's a $1.50, if that gets you an extra $10 in the end it is well worth it. You just want to be sure that $59.99 is probably the best price on the best day, because you also don't want a BIN to be too low.

Last edited:

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice return on your finds! If you are doing this on the side my advise is to be consistant in your work and find a set number of sales you are comfortable doing without taking away too much time from family, work, etc... I found in the past that if you overdue it it can quickly become extremely time consuming and can burn you out to the point were it's not enjoyable. Have fun with it, take those profits a little at a time and before you it you'll have enough for that trip!!

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Nice find on the reference bible.

I bought a concordance last month, thinking they were still hot. Seems that the bottom has dropped out of that market. When I was shopping for a concordance, they were at least $50.

I am guessing that most of a concordance is either online or in a PDF program these days. I'll be lucky to get $5 for the one I have!!!

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep it up. You obviously can spot a bargain when you see one.

The more you deal with Ebay the more experience you gain. Some buyers you will find are 'unpleasable' (is that a word?). When you run across those just do what you have to to keep your feedback in good shape and move on. And if you have something that could possibly break when a FedEx driver tosses it over a 14' fence package it well. DAMHIK. :-)

Good Luck.

bethnbijoux

Nov 26, 2012
Just west of Cowtown!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep it up. You obviously can spot a bargain when you see one.

The more you deal with Ebay the more experience you gain. Some buyers you will find are 'unpleasable' (is that a word?). When you run across those just do what you have to to keep your feedback in good shape and move on. And if you have something that could possibly break when a FedEx driver tosses it over a 14' fence package it well. DAMHIK. :-)

Good Luck.

I am a complete NEWBIE to the whole eBay world (only been selling for a couple of months now) and already I've run into something like this... had a buyer win an auction, then write to me to tell me that there had been a death in his family and would I PLEASE just go ahead and send him the item any way.... FOR FREE! :BangHead:

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a complete NEWBIE to the whole eBay world (only been selling for a couple of months now) and already I've run into something like this... had a buyer win an auction, then write to me to tell me that there had been a death in his family and would I PLEASE just go ahead and send him the item any way.... FOR FREE! :BangHead:
e
wow hope you reported him to ebay.

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taking Iron Patche's advice, I went ahead and added a BIM for $59.99. I would be tickled pink for $30.00 on a $1 item.

Also went to a charity store and they had a sale. All clothing $1. Picked up another pair of designer jeans. We shall see!

apush

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taking Iron Patche's advice, I went ahead and added a BIM for $59.99. I would be tickled pink for $30.00 on a $1 item.

Also went to a charity store and they had a sale. All clothing $1. Picked up another pair of designer jeans. We shall see!

apush

The beauty of it is the potential buyers have no idea what you paid, and there's definitely some personality types that will get more dialed to a higher priced item.

Last edited:

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you can send an email, you can send a PayPal payment.. That is all

frogginfish

Dec 18, 2012
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold a little on ebay myself. My thing was diecast cars. My best sell was a $1 Hot Wheel back in 2004 that I sold for $450. The same car went for upwards of $1000 in a different auction a few months prior to that.

Congrats on your sales! Good luck in all your future ones as well!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread