What's new

Apush: My best nickel box thus far

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, not a dream box, but my best nickel box to date:

Sorry the pic is not up to par. Best I could do.

6-V Nickels (1-1904, 1-1908, 1-1910, & 3-1911)--all are very worn; cannot view the "Liberty" in the crown on any coin. Gonna just set them aside for the granddaughter.

5 War Nickels (2-1943S; 2-1943P; 1-1945P)

1 1983 German 10cent to boot.

All out of 1 nickle box I picked up at a dump bank this afternoon. Its been slim pickens with the halves.

PS: I was expecting at least one buff with all those V-Nickels, but to no avail. Mr. Apush is picking me up 2 more boxes from same bank on the way home Monday evening.

Happy Silver Hunting,

apush :read2:
 

Attachments

  • Photo0087.webp
    Photo0087.webp
    58.6 KB · Views: 442
Upvote 0
Apush,

Well, I only search nickels, and as far as I am concerned, that is a dream box. I thought I had a great hunt today; a nickel box that I searched produced three war nickels, a 2000-S proof, and a Singapore twenty cent coin, as well as a few pre-1960 coins. I think that your box will be hard to beat.


-Arkham House
 
As far as nickels, ArkhamHouse, I always banked on the following:

1 war nickel = fair
2 war nickels = good
3 war nickels = excellent

Your box was excellent today. Someone just thru in grandma's change jar. If my kids (or grandkids) do that, I will come back and haunt them! :laughing7:

apush :read2:
 
That was a super box Apush! :icon_thumleft:
HH
enamel7
 
Apush, I've found 3 V nickels in something like 200-300 boxes. You've found 6 in one box. That is one awesome nickel box. Congrats!
 
WoW congrats, best nickel box I've seen here in a long time. Can't beat dated V's.
 
I can't recall anyone getting a nickel box like yours.
Congrats on a super find :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich
 
Mighty fine :laughing9:my last nickel box produced 1936 buff but little else HH
 
Good score apush, now that to me is a dream box.. glad you hit :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
Wow, lot of nice ones there. I haven't seen that many V's in a while.
 
Wow, I have been trying for two years to get a "V" and now you get a bunch in one box!

Nice finds,

OWS
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom